IntelliJ IDEA 12 Wins Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013!

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

We are excited to announce that a few days ago IntelliJ IDEA 12 was named the winner of the Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013, an annual award run by Dr. Dobbs to showcase the best IDEs and coding tools of the year.

The 12th release of IntelliJ IDEA shows that the pace of innovation continues unabated,,” said Andrew Binstock, the editor-in-chief of Dr. Dobbs and a judge at Jolt Awards. “For once again improving on its remarkable track record of feature development and its history of frequent upgrades, IntelliJ IDEA 12 wins this year’s Jolt Award for coding tools.

We are proud to receive this award and wish to thank the judges for the honors, and, of course, our beloved users and customers for their support and appreciation of IntelliJ IDEA which has helped ‘jolt’ the industry by making software development faster, easier, and more efficient.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

13 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 12 Wins Jolt Award for Coding Tools 2013!

1. trukhinyuri says:

February 11, 2013

Congrats

2. Martin says:

February 11, 2013

Incredibly well deserved. I picked up a copy a few months ago, and I’ve been a convert ever since. Every single time I think “I wish I could…” I find that you guys have thought of it already, and usually there’s a keyboard shortcut. And the way you have searching set up in settings windows is just brilliant. Thanks and congratulations!

3. Grzegorz says:

February 11, 2013

Let’s be honest – you’ve earned it!

4. Afshin Mehrabani says:

February 11, 2013

That’s really a great coding tool, congrat guys.

5. mwalter says:

February 11, 2013

Great news and gratulations! I’m working hard to recommend Idea to other developers at our company. We’re using Eclipse but it lacks some common features Idea has got. Take the very great code refactoring possibilities Idea offers for example.
    Keep up the good work!

6. ΕΥΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ ΜΠΕΛΗΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ says:

February 11, 2013

Congratulations. And please make it more easier to set up

7. Johnathan Mark Smith says:

February 11, 2013

This is great news. I love the product and will be showing all my clients it. I found that it can really help you become a better programmer and put out better products.

Find me one twitter..
    @JohnathanMSmith

8. cschoell says:

February 11, 2013

Absolutely deserved – congrats 🙂

9. javadev says:

February 11, 2013

Best java ide ever
    ps:could please improve commenting system.

10. Ioannis says:

February 11, 2013

Extremely well deserved. I was prompted by colleagues to give you a try (I used Eclipse exclusively) but I was initially dubious. When you had the Doomsday sale on, I thought I’d take the plunge. It was the best money I’ve ever spent on dev software, without the shadow of a doubt. My productivity has taken off, and once you unhinge your brain from the Eclipse way of doing things, you will *never* go back.

11. Simon-Pierre says:

February 13, 2013

Nice! Congratulations, this award is totally deserved! Once you go IntelliJ, you never go Eclipse back 🙂

12. John Rhodes says:

July 27, 2013

IntelliJ needs no award, its the IDE by far. ’nuff said.

13. Chris Hatton says:

August 15, 2013

Eclipse, Netbeans, Xcode – they work, but I was never *completely* satisfied… until I found IntelliJ and AppCode. JetBrains IDE’s give developers a new passion to code. Award 100% deserved!