Each year we celebrate Spring by rolling out a fresh update for the latest big release, with bugfixes and usability enhancements. This spring is no exception, so today we are excited to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 is finally out and available for download.
As you remember, IntelliJ IDEA 12 brought major improvements such as support for Java 8, Play 2, Android UI designer, a new compiler with double the performance, more database tools, and of course Darcula, the new dark look and feel. This update improves on most of these features and adds some new ones as well.
Support for JavaFX 2, Oracle’s new rich client platform for Java, now includes complete support for FXML markup, custom CSS, code completion, navigation and search, refactorings, packaging tools, and integration with SceneBuilder.
Darcula and Retina
We were taken by surprise when so much positive feedback poured in for Darcula, the new dark look and feel for the IDE. Many people even considered Darcula the main feature of IntelliJ IDEA 12 release. Naturally, we focused on making it even better and smoother in v12.1.
We have also improved support for Retina – check it out.
Other important new features in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 include:
- Fullscreen mode for Windows
- Spring Frameworks 3.2 and Play Framework 2.1 support (Ultimate)
- Groovy 2.1 support (including new annotations, compilation customization and more)
- Improved Scala support (statement completion, new compiler)
- Enhanced Gradle integration (gradle wrapper support, new actions)
- Adobe Gaming SDK support (Ultimate)
- Debugger for CoffeeScript and TypeScript via Source Maps (Ultimate)
- Sass support improvements (custom function definition, completion, rename refactoring, nested properties, etc.) (Ultimate)
Visit our website to see the full list of new features and download the edition of your choice.
Please note that IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 is a free upgrade for all licensed owners of IntelliJ IDEA 12 Ultimate. If you use any older version of IntelliJ IDEA, check out the upgrade options.
Stay tuned for more details on the new features soon in our blog and twitter!
Develop with more pleasure!
The JetBrains Team