IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP 130.1619 and Better Completion for SQL

Posted on by Andrey Cheptsov

Yesterday we released IntelliJ IDEA 130.1619, one more preview build of the upcoming IntelliJ IDEA 13 release. The build includes new features and enhancements for Android, Database Tools, Gradle, WebLogic, JPA, LESS, OSGi and many others.

Check out a short demo on the new smart code completion for join conditions in SQL statements.

Just press Ctrl+Shift+Space (Cmd+Shift+Space for Mac) and the IDE automatically complete your join condition clause.

Please find the full list of changes in Release Notes.

Feel free to share your feedback on our discussion forum and submit bug reports to the issue tracker.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

9 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP 130.1619 and Better Completion for SQL

1. user says:

August 15, 2013

Hi. When I tried importing a gradle project, I got this error.

nal.AbstractExternalSystemTask – error marshalling arguments; nested exception is:
    java.io.NotSerializableException: com.intellij.openapi.util.Pair
    java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is:
    java.io.NotSerializableException: com.intellij.openapi.util.Pair

I tested the kotlin gradle example project.
    ( https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-examples/tree/master/gradle )

2. Robin says:

August 16, 2013

I can’t find the JetGradle Tool Window, is this deactivated in Cardea?
    Gradle plugin is activated but there’s no entry in View -> Tool Windows

• Daniel Scott says:

October 24, 2013

Hi,

I’m having the same problem – 132-719 – no Gradle Tool window is visible.

Dan

• Jonas says:

October 31, 2013

I’m also missing this window. Can it be enabled somehow?

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

October 31, 2013

It’s visible now only when the project is associated with Gradle build file. Try re-import the project from Gradle file.

• Jonas says:

October 31, 2013

Woops, it was answered in the comment below… 🙂

3. Denis.Zhdanov says:

August 17, 2013

Hello,

The problem with serialization is fixed. You can set ‘external.system.in.process’ to ‘true’ via Registry action (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+/) or wait for the next EAP.

Regarding the gradle tool window – it’s not shown if an ide project is not linked to a gradle project. You can do that via ‘main menu | file | import module’ and proceed with the target buildl.gradle there

4. another_user says:

August 17, 2013

@Denis.Zhdanov

Hi,

How does that work on OSX? I’m running Mountain Lion with a german keyboard layout and it seems that the given shortcut does nothing. Should I edit any file under ~/Library/Preferences/…?

5. Robin says:

August 19, 2013

Thanks Denis,
    I’ve opened a Gradle project which was already configured using IntelliJ 12.1. Now I get
    the NotSerializableException when importing build.gradle for this existing project. After
    setting ‘external.system.in.process’ to ‘true’ the import ended with an AssertionError at ‘com.intellij.util.xmlb.MapBinding.deserialize(MapBinding.java:162) (reported as 524506)
    So I think I have to wait for the next EAP…
    A remark regarding the hiding of the Gradle tool window: while I appreciate this behavior I think all plugins should behave similarly, e.g. I would love to see the Maven and Ant tool windows hidden as well if a project doesn’t use those tools. (see IDEABKL-3654)