IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP 132.839 is Out

Andrey Cheptsov

Yesterday we released IntelliJ IDEA 132.839, another preview of the upcoming IntelliJ IDEA 13 that includes pack of new features: Generated source root type (available for read-only operations); auto-configuration and better quick documentation for Spring beans; Java EE 7 Batch and Android improvements; support for PostgreSQL 9.3 and MySQL 5.7LESS 1.5.0; and the list actually goes on and on.

The new Lens Mode has also been improved in this build. In case you hadn’t noticed: when you hover mouse over a warning or error strip on the scroll bar, IntelliJ IDEA shows you the fragment of code annotated with the message:

Feel free to share your feedback on our discussion forum and submit bug reports to the issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

10 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP 132.839 is Out

1. Victor says:

October 30, 2013

What do you mean by “Generated source root type”?

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

October 30, 2013

Its when the sources are generated by some framework, e.g. Android’s gen folder.

• Steve Ebersole says:

May 7, 2014

What does it mean if I am using 13.1+ (Ultimate on Linux) but still do not see “Generated source root type” as an option? Specifically I have IU-135.760 installed, but “Generated source root type” is not an option in defining roots.

2. Bionik6 says:

October 30, 2013

Good news, but am a Web Developer and a PHPStorm user, I switch recently to the version 7 and it’ll be great if the lens mode was implemented in the IDE. I’ve noticed that RubyMine also have this feature.
    Thanks 😉

• Mikhail Vink says:

October 30, 2013

Lens mode will be available in PhpStorm 7 with one of minor updates in a month or so.
      Thank you!

• Bionik6 says:

October 31, 2013

Huummm, Great news and thank you for your AMAZING job 😉

3. Robert Nieren says:

February 9, 2014

I just discovered the “Lens Mode” and I’m afraid I have to say that I find it more annoying than useful. If you push the mouse to the right edge of your screen (either intentionally or by accident) you suddenly have a block of text obscuring the source code you’re working on! I haven’t found a way to disable this feature yet – entering “Lens” or “Lens Mode” in the search field of the options dialog doesn’t yield anything useful.

• James Ni says:

May 21, 2014

Hi Robert,

I also find it more annoying than helpful, at least to me.
      Just right click the scroll bar and uncheck “Show editor preview tooltip”. Also, search “preview” in settings dialog will bring you the setting panel of the Lens Mode.

4. ccpizz says:

May 15, 2014

@Robert Nieren: I agree that the ‘Lens Mode’ is pretty annoying – but right-clicking the scrollbar reveals a context menu, that includes an option “Show editor preview tooltip”.

• Aditya Naik says: