IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Preview is Out
The Spring is a whole month away from knocking on our doors, so we have decided to warm up you a little in these cold days: welcome the early preview of IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, the upcoming regular update of your beloved IDE.
IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 introduces the new Spring API, which will enable third-party developers to write custom IntelliJ IDEA plugins for Spring frameworks. Read the official API documentation for more details. The preview also includes:
- The new (and awesome) postfix code completion
- New inspections
- Interface may be annotated @FunctionalInterface
- Implicit usage of the platform default charset
- Support for Windows/Linux HiDPI devices via -Dis.hidpi=true
- Overloaded binary operators highlighting
- Significant performance improvement for projects that contain many XML configuration files.
- Advanced AngularJS support (make sure to install our AngularJS plugin)
- Web browsers configuration (path)
More about AngularJS and Spy-js support can be found in WebStorm 8 EAP announcement.
- Debugger for the OpenShift cloud platform.
- Amend commit
- Support for unnamed heads in the Branches menu
And, of course, there’s more. Stay tuned to our blog for more exciting news and details coming very soon! In the meanwhile download the EAP build, share your feedback with us on our discussion forum or report anything wrong you’ll find to the tracker.
Develop with Pleasure!