IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Preview is Out

Andrey Cheptsov

The Spring is a whole month away from knocking on our doors, so we have decided to warm up you a little in these cold days: welcome the early preview of IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, the upcoming regular update of your beloved IDE.

IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Access

IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 introduces the new Spring API, which will enable third-party developers to write custom IntelliJ IDEA plugins for Spring frameworks. Read the official API documentation for more details. The preview also includes:

General features

• The new (and awesome) postfix code completion
  • New inspections
    • Interface may be annotated @FunctionalInterface
    • Implicit usage of the platform default charset
  • Support for Windows/Linux HiDPI devices via -Dis.hidpi=true

Groovy language

• Overloaded binary operators highlighting

Spring frameworks

• Significant performance improvement for projects that contain many XML configuration files.

Web development

• Advanced AngularJS support (make sure to install our AngularJS plugin)
  • Spy-js tracing tool integration for JavaScript
  • Web browsers configuration (path)

More about AngularJS and Spy-js support can be found in WebStorm 8 EAP announcement.

Clouds

• Debugger for the OpenShift cloud platform.

Mercurial

• Amend commit
  • Support for unnamed heads in the Branches menu

And, of course, there’s more. Stay tuned to our blog for more exciting news and details coming very soon! In the meanwhile download the EAP build, share your feedback with us on our discussion forum or report anything wrong you’ll find to the tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

17 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Early Preview is Out

1. Florin Patan says:

February 10, 2014

Seems that a patch update from previous EAP is not possible currently, at least not on Linux. Is this true?

• Ruslan Ibragimov says:

February 11, 2014

Also full update fo me.

• Maciej M says:

February 11, 2014

If You are using 13.0.x line than it will download EAP’s for this line of Idea.

2. Seventh7 says:

February 11, 2014

Great job

3. Ryan says:

February 11, 2014

Did File Watchers get moved to a new place? Maybe I’m totally overlooking it, but I don’t see it anywhere in the preferences anymore. I’m trying to setup watchers for Node-Sass and Typescript. Thanks.

• Ryan says:

February 11, 2014

Ok, never mind. I had to uninstall and re-install the plugin, then it showed back up.

4. machak says:

February 12, 2014

So, you guys *again* removed date sorting of plugins (currently, only sorting by name is possible). I say *again* because you did remove this few years ago, and moved it back after people started complaining. I don’t get it…

5. machak says:

February 12, 2014

Just wanted to add: before you start saying: use filtering: it is not as useful because I check plugins from time to time. Once I sort plugins by date, I see what is recently added and I check if it is useful for me. I did discover many of those newly added (useful) plugins this way.

6. Nikita says:

February 12, 2014

I have one question about new EAP: where is simple web module in the new project dialog? I can only choose foundation, bootstrap or html5boilerplate.

7. Dmitry Mashkov says:

February 13, 2014

Andrey,

Any news about full HiDPI support?

• Dmitry Mashkov says:

February 14, 2014

Ask this again due to -Dis.hidpi=true option doesn’t work.

Thanks

8. Allan says:

February 14, 2014

I’m delighted by the increased stability of this EAP release on OS X. One change I do note is that CoffeeScript compilation preview seems to be missing from the editor context menu; is it still available?

9. Vitalii Serdiuk says:

February 17, 2014

Hello! Can I use Intellij IDEA eap in comercial’s project and what kind of rules I must perform?
    P.S. Sorry, but I didn’t find this information in your’s official cite or blog

• Eugene Toporov says:

February 19, 2014

There are no limitations. But you should be careful, some of them are very “early”

10. Brett Thomas says:

February 20, 2014

PHP plugin doesnt seem to be working. Other plugins that require it are telling me it’s not installed when intellij starts, and the installed plugin list shows it as installed.

• Jonathan Sowards says:

May 9, 2014

The PHP plugin doesn’t seem to be working for me either. I am sure that you are already aware of this, any ETA on the fix of this, or should I just downgrade?