Releases

IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.2 Update is Available

Great news! Start the week by downloading IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.2, a fresh new update with a lots of enhancements and bugfixes (including the fixes for performance issues).

If you’re already running IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 and haven’t yet received a notification about the update then go ahead and press Check for Updates.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.2 Update is Available

1. Avatar

Noé says:

April 21, 2014

Is this release compatible with the current Ruby plugin? It don’t work at all for me.

Noé says:

April 21, 2014

After uninstall-reinstall plugin, it works now… strange!

2. Avatar

Derek says:

April 22, 2014

Gradle project sync failed. Basic functionality will not work. This is ever since the update to 13.1.2

Vladislav Soroka says:

April 23, 2014

Please, submit an issue with idea.log file attached to YouTrack, thank you in advance!

3. Avatar

Michi says:

April 22, 2014

Hi,

The hot swapping of resource files like *.xhtml doesn’t work with the new version. Do you know how to fix this?

I use WildFly and Java 8.

Kind regards
    Michi

4. Avatar

David Perez says:

April 23, 2014

I have version 13.1.1 and “Check for updates” tells me I have the latest version.

5. Avatar

Andrius says:

April 23, 2014

Update from 13.1.1 (135.480) to 13.1.2 (135.690) fails with error message:

Temp. directory: C:\Users\Andrius\AppData\Local\Temp\1\

java.io.IOException: Cannot delete file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.1\lib\openapi.jar
    at com.intellij.updater.BaseUpdateAction.replaceUpdated(BaseUpdateAction.java:38)
    at com.intellij.updater.UpdateZipAction.doApply(UpdateZipAction.java:199)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchAction.apply(PatchAction.java:140)
    at com.intellij.updater.Patch$3.forEach(Patch.java:198)
    at com.intellij.updater.Patch.forEach(Patch.java:248)
    at com.intellij.updater.Patch.apply(Patch.java:194)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchFileCreator.apply(PatchFileCreator.java:86)
    at com.intellij.updater.PatchFileCreator.apply(PatchFileCreator.java:77)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.doInstall(Runner.java:253)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.access$000(Runner.java:18)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner$2.execute(Runner.java:219)
    at com.intellij.updater.SwingUpdaterUI$5.run(SwingUpdaterUI.java:181)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Tried couple of times. What should I do?

Thanks.

Sergey says:

May 5, 2014

This is because IDEA updater need administrator privileges to update files but it can’t so the only way is to change access rights to IDEA directory as for old-school win95 applications 😉

Sebastian says:

October 1, 2014

Or you can run IDEA as an administrator to perform an update. It worked for me when I was updating from 13.1.4 to 13.1.5 and had same exception with file: resources_en.jar.

Note: After updating you shouldn’t use IDEA as an administrator.

Alexey says:

October 8, 2014

13.1.4 -> 13.1.5 still not working here, even after starting IDEA as administrator.

6. Avatar

Rob Leland says:

April 23, 2014

The ideaIU-13.1.2.zip has about 50 files not contained in the ideaIU-13.1.2.exe.
    Some are plugin jars and others look like android template files.

Sorry I can’t report this to YouTrack now.

7. Avatar

Matthew Payne says:

April 24, 2014

Like 13.1.1 much better. When grails is open with another project, the ide eventually starts indexing like crazy and both projects lose their dependencies.

8. Avatar

Steve says:

April 25, 2014

Wrong blog entry, since this concerns build 760, but there isn’t one for that (yet):
    To start with: I realise it is an impossible task to remain fully compatible with all plugins during EAP and so on.

That being said:
    This is the second time in as many months that the new EAP breaks PHP compatibility and that I have to fall back on an “ancient” version to be able to continue working.

I really like to have the latest of the latest, so I do it to myself, but really: How hard can it be to mention in the release notes that this EAP breaks languages X and Y? This way the people that need it can wait with the update.

Just saying 🙂

9. Avatar

aakil says:

April 26, 2014

Since 13.1.2 problem when opening a project which was checked out from subversion when the subversion server is not available, it continously ask for authentication details and one cannot do anything apart from killing the IDE.

Not cool.

10. Avatar

Alex says:

April 27, 2014

Selection seems to have a bug in 13.1.2, it’s happening to me on both Windows and OS X.

Steps:

1. Put cursor somewhere
    2. Hold shift (continue holding after click)
    3. Click somewhere else to select multiple lines (continue holding mouse down)
    4. Move mouse to try and select more lines

The result is the selection re-starts from where you initially clicked, while it should be adding to the selection

11. Avatar

Alejandro says:

May 1, 2014

I’m having a serious issue on OS X Mavericks. Sometimes, it seem quite random, I open a new file, and when I start typing in it, IntelliJ freezes and I have to force quit it. Am I the only one having this issue? I had to come back to IntelliJ 13.0…

12. Avatar

Ranga says:

May 9, 2014

Hi how to update the intellij idea with out Downloading the Software i mean by using patches or some other way.

Discover more