IntelliJ IDEA 14 Early Preview is Available!
Today we are happy to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 14, codenamed Cassiopeia and scheduled for release later this year, is now available for early preview! You’re welcome to download the IntelliJ IDEA 14 EAP and see what exciting new features it offers.
Highlights of this release:
- Completely rewritten using the new API, with unified Debugger tool window for all languages.
- The Watches tab now persists expressions (and remembers it even after you close it.)
- Breakpoints can now be arranged by user groups.
- Hidden elements of long arrays and collections are displayed on demand, you no longer need to edit the view settings for that.
- Backspace smart indent makes the Backspace key aware of your code formatting settings, so it doesn’t break your code when removing indents before caret.
- Now it’s possible to generate tests for methods and add them to an existing test class.
- The new Code cleanup action (available via Analyze → Code Cleanup or as an option in the VCS commit dialog) applies quick-fixes in batch mode to selected files.
- The improved Find in path action now can search within files with unknown extensions and within the .idea configuration files. It also uses indices when searching for strings that contain a part of an identifier (3 characters and longer.)
- Copy/paste selected code as HTML/RTF is now available without additional plugins.
- Better IDE startup time.
- SceneBuilder 2.0 is now available as UI designer so you don’t need to leave IntelliJ IDEA to work with .fxml files (requires IntelliJ IDEA to run on Java 8.)
- Performance when handling Spring projects with large numbers of XML descriptor files has been significantly improved.
- The Select In action now also can navigate to the Spring tool window.
- The new plugin with Spring Websocket support.
- The Push dialog has been improved.
- The Log viewer loads faster.
- The option to revert uncommitted merge and update from the Log viewer reverting the current changes.
- Displaying of the current revision in the Log viewer.
- Many other enhancements, including the notification about incoming/outgoing changes.
- Spy.js and Node.js now can run together via new run configuration.
Work on IntelliJ IDEA 14 is in full swing, so many more awesome features await ahead. Meanwhile, feel free to help us make the release even better by sharing your feedback in our discussion forum and reporting bugs to the issue tracker!
Stay tuned for more details on these and other new features soon to appear in our blog.
Develop with Pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Download IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 RC As we …
The What, Why, and How of JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA
Master JPA entity management with JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA! Our latest article shows you how to simplify your workflow and reduce boilerplate code.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 is now available for download! You can get the latest build through our website, the free Toolbox App, from inside the IDE, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Download IntelliJ IDEA Beta 3 This marks the last week before the release candidate is scheduled for delivery…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 2 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 2 is out and ready for you to download! You can get the latest build from our website or via the free Toolbox App. You can also upgrade to 2023.3 Beta 2 from inside the IDE, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Download IntelliJ IDEA Beta 2 While the team puts the finishi…