IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.5 Update is Available

Andrey Cheptsov

Even if you’re already waiting for IntelliJ IDEA 14 with its all new awesome features, you still might be glad to know that we’ve just released a fresh update for IntellIJ IDEA 13.1 packed with lots of important fixes.

Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 22.19.31

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, then click “Check for updates” and install a patch. Otherwise go to the official website and download the new version from there.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.5 Update is Available

1. Serge Baranov says:

September 30, 2014

Please note that the patch update for this build is not available on Mac, we had to change the signature which makes it impossible to provide a patch update between this build and previous builds. You can install the update from the .dmg file available on the downloads page. All your settings will be preserved.

2. Terence Martin says:

September 30, 2014

Every time I see a new patch I hope the annoying bug with comment wrapping is fixed. Sadly, not the case this time (not surprising since I’ve been waiting since version 11). I’m glad you finally fixed that horrible problem with the Tip of the Day window not remembering it’s size, though.

• redglyph says:

October 12, 2014

Clicking on Close still selects the whole text in the background though. I’m not sure when we’ll see the end of that one, and many others (priority is on new features and not debug, I believe), Tip of the day is just disabled with me.

• redglyph says:

October 12, 2014

Not to be unfair, those features are awesome.

3. Oleg says:

September 30, 2014

Is it EAP version?

4. Antonel Pazargic says:

September 30, 2014

Hi Terence,

May I know the YouTrack number of the issue you talked about. I would like to take a look at it and to vote for it.

Thank you.

5. Stefan Gheorghiu says:

October 1, 2014

Cannot upgrade from 13.1.4. All the time the result is the following:

Failed to apply patch:
    java.io.IOException: Cannot delete file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.3\lib\util.jar

6. Henrik O says:

October 1, 2014

I am seeing a performance problem with this update: when I open recent files (CTRL+E) the UI hangs, it takes several seconds for the dialog to pop up. When I try to select files with the arrow keys or scroll the dialog does not responde very well, it is sluggish. When finally select a file it takes a long time to switch to that file (compared with the previous version of Intellij).
    I am seeing the same exact problem with Intellij 14 preview.

I can see that background tasks also seem to stop working when I am working with the recent files pop up.

• Henrik O says:

October 1, 2014

As a workaround I installed the TabSwitch plugin which does not exibit the “recent files popup/dialog” problem in Intellij 13.1.5.

• Kirill Likhodedov says:

October 2, 2014

Henrik, could you please fire an issue to our bugtracker, with a CPU snapshot attached? Thanks!

7. Eugene says:

October 1, 2014

OSX 10.9.5. Crashes on Android project. Open > wait a bit > crash.

• eugene.kudelevsky says:

October 2, 2014

Can’t reproduce the crash. Please create an issue in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com and attach idea.log file

8. Martin says:

October 2, 2014

Download, Patch, No error message, but still on 13.1.4.

• Maxim Mossienko says:

October 6, 2014

Please provide more details (e.g. OS) in YouTrack issue

9. jjm says:

October 2, 2014

At 100% CPU with no projects open. OSX 10.9, JDK 1.8.0_20.

Reverting back to 13.1.4.

• vvvv says:

October 22, 2014

Same happened to me too. Also a lot of memory usage as well!

10. lwahonen says:

October 3, 2014

My make gets stuck after updating to this. No amount of cleaning the project or Idea caches helps. What would be the next debugging step?

• Maxim Mossienko says:

October 6, 2014

Submitting YouTrack issue

11. Develop In Java Newsletter #6 – A Weekly Java Newsletter | Develop In Java says:

October 6, 2014

[…] the company behind IntelliJ IDEA have announced the release of IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.5.  If you’re already running IntelliJ IDEA, this release can be […]

12. Justin Simms says:

October 10, 2014

CPU spikes after about 5-10 minutes of work and application freezes, consistently. No longer able to use the product. I can’t file a youtrack issue because I created a youtrack account and logging in just keeps looping me back to the login page without doing anything.

13. Vedat says:

October 22, 2014

Guys, seriously. I can’t do any work if the CPU spikes right after I launch the app and it keeps telling me I’m running out of memory when I’ve already given it 2GB. I don’t want to download Eclipse again and urge you to find a solution as this is not a nice thing. And now the same thing happens even if I revert back to an older version. Has this got to do anything with the preferences?