IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.5 Update is Available

Even if you’re already waiting for IntelliJ IDEA 14 with its all new awesome features, you still might be glad to know that we’ve just released a fresh update for IntellIJ IDEA 13.1 packed with lots of important fixes.

Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 22.19.31

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, then click “Check for updates” and install a patch. Otherwise go to the official website and download the new version from there.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.5 Update is Available

1. Serge Baranov says:

Please note that the patch update for this build is not available on Mac, we had to change the signature which makes it impossible to provide a patch update between this build and previous builds. You can install the update from the .dmg file available on the downloads page. All your settings will be preserved.

2. Terence Martin says:

Every time I see a new patch I hope the annoying bug with comment wrapping is fixed. Sadly, not the case this time (not surprising since I’ve been waiting since version 11). I’m glad you finally fixed that horrible problem with the Tip of the Day window not remembering it’s size, though.

• redglyph says:

Clicking on Close still selects the whole text in the background though. I’m not sure when we’ll see the end of that one, and many others (priority is on new features and not debug, I believe), Tip of the day is just disabled with me.

3. Antonel Pazargic says:

Hi Terence,

May I know the YouTrack number of the issue you talked about. I would like to take a look at it and to vote for it.

Thank you.

4. Stefan Gheorghiu says:

Cannot upgrade from 13.1.4. All the time the result is the following:

Failed to apply patch:
    java.io.IOException: Cannot delete file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.3\lib\util.jar

5. Henrik O says:

I am seeing a performance problem with this update: when I open recent files (CTRL+E) the UI hangs, it takes several seconds for the dialog to pop up. When I try to select files with the arrow keys or scroll the dialog does not responde very well, it is sluggish. When finally select a file it takes a long time to switch to that file (compared with the previous version of Intellij).
    I am seeing the same exact problem with Intellij 14 preview.

I can see that background tasks also seem to stop working when I am working with the recent files pop up.

6. Eugene says:

OSX 10.9.5. Crashes on Android project. Open > wait a bit > crash.

7. Martin says:

Download, Patch, No error message, but still on 13.1.4.

8. jjm says:

At 100% CPU with no projects open. OSX 10.9, JDK 1.8.0_20.

Reverting back to 13.1.4.

9. lwahonen says:

My make gets stuck after updating to this. No amount of cleaning the project or Idea caches helps. What would be the next debugging step?

10. Pingback: Develop In Java Newsletter #6 – A Weekly Java Newsletter | Develop In Java

11. Justin Simms says:

CPU spikes after about 5-10 minutes of work and application freezes, consistently. No longer able to use the product. I can’t file a youtrack issue because I created a youtrack account and logging in just keeps looping me back to the login page without doing anything.

12. Vedat says:

Guys, seriously. I can’t do any work if the CPU spikes right after I launch the app and it keeps telling me I’m running out of memory when I’ve already given it 2GB. I don’t want to download Eclipse again and urge you to find a solution as this is not a nice thing. And now the same thing happens even if I revert back to an older version. Has this got to do anything with the preferences?