IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3 Update is Out

Great news, folks! If you’ve been waiting for a fresh update of your favourite IDE, wait no more! IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3, is already out, packed with long-awaited enhancements and bugfixes.

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 14 and haven’t received a notification about the update yet, check for it via Help → Check for Updates.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3 Update is Out

1. Kieran Simpson says:

How are the Release Notes created? https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-134118 is marked as being fixed in 14.0.3 yet it does not appear in the notes.

• Maxim Mossienko says:

Release Notes are built from commits that appeared in Installer builds. This issue seems to be fixed after merge with Android Studio changes. Please ping us if the problem bugs you.

2. Jeffrey Aguilera says:

OK … this release is really badly broken. SBT refreshes fail with NoSuchMethodException; scala compiles fail with ClassNotFoundException; etc. This is after an invalidate caches.

Is there a simple rollback?

3. John says:

The JavaDoc is broken too. It says it cannot find the web location (which used to work!)

4. Joe Michaud says:

Looks like a great release to me, thank you! My usage is a bit different, though – I write PHP/Ruby/Python but no Java or JVM stuff.

I’ve actually been wanting to put in a feature request for quite some time but am not sure how. Can ya’ll point me in the right direction?

I develop on a Windows machine an make extensive use of the built-in SSH terminal and my requests all revolve around that:
    – Alphabetize the list of connections
    – Put the connection name in the tab instead of the IP address
    – Give it an icon so it will show up on the “navigation bar toolbar”

Again, thanks for all the great work!

5. John says:

Java online doc is broken in 14.0.3!

6. derek says:

hi, after updating idea, I can’t start my spring app, it tells org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound handleHttpRequestMethodNotSupported
    : Request method ‘HEAD’ not supported

7. Mark Freedman says:

Upgraded from 14.0.2 to 14.0.3. My android projects won’t build as R.java can’t be found. Everythin’gs broken — have to revert to an older version, but you don’t list oldre 14.x versions on your website. Very frustrating. lots of time wasted.

8. Taylor Marks says:

Why is updating such a PITA?

IntelliJ is always bugging me with popups about how “A new version of IntelliJ IDEA is available!”

I click on it and it takes me to the IntelliJ download website. Which downloads an installer. Which I then have to run and make choices. If this was a once a year occurrence, I wouldn’t mind much, but as is, this is freaking annoying.

It’s 2015. I understand there are scenarios where auto-update wouldn’t be desirable, but there should at the very least be an option for it, like nearly every other application has. Failing that, there could be a button from within IntelliJ that I can press that will download and launch the installer for me.

9. Melody says:

Any word on this being resolved???

Not knowing there was a bug…I updated today to 14.0.3 and bam! – problems. I spent almost an hour trying to figure what happened before finding this post.

JetBrains: any chance of fixing this or putting a notice out that this will break your workspace???

10. Max says:

What with the bug? When it will be fixed?