IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3 Update is Out

Andrey Cheptsov

Great news, folks! If you’ve been waiting for a fresh update of your favourite IDE, wait no more! IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3, is already out, packed with long-awaited enhancements and bugfixes.

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 14 and haven’t received a notification about the update yet, check for it via Help → Check for Updates.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

26 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3 Update is Out

1. Kieran Simpson says:

January 29, 2015

How are the Release Notes created? https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-134118 is marked as being fixed in 14.0.3 yet it does not appear in the notes.

• Maxim Mossienko says:

January 30, 2015

Release Notes are built from commits that appeared in Installer builds. This issue seems to be fixed after merge with Android Studio changes. Please ping us if the problem bugs you.

2. Jeffrey Aguilera says:

January 29, 2015

OK … this release is really badly broken. SBT refreshes fail with NoSuchMethodException; scala compiles fail with ClassNotFoundException; etc. This is after an invalidate caches.

Is there a simple rollback?

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

January 30, 2015

Just update Scala plugin to 1.3.1, issue will be fixed. Sorry for inconveniences.

3. John says:

January 30, 2015

The JavaDoc is broken too. It says it cannot find the web location (which used to work!)

4. Joe Michaud says:

January 30, 2015

Looks like a great release to me, thank you! My usage is a bit different, though – I write PHP/Ruby/Python but no Java or JVM stuff.

I’ve actually been wanting to put in a feature request for quite some time but am not sure how. Can ya’ll point me in the right direction?

I develop on a Windows machine an make extensive use of the built-in SSH terminal and my requests all revolve around that:
    – Alphabetize the list of connections
    – Put the connection name in the tab instead of the IP address
    – Give it an icon so it will show up on the “navigation bar toolbar”

Again, thanks for all the great work!

5. John says:

January 30, 2015

Java online doc is broken in 14.0.3!

6. Leandro Kersting de Freitas says:

January 30, 2015

Great news!!!

7. derek says:

January 31, 2015

hi, after updating idea, I can’t start my spring app, it tells org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound handleHttpRequestMethodNotSupported
    : Request method ‘HEAD’ not supported

• Jonas Flesch says:

February 5, 2015

Same here.

• Tony Sweets says:

February 17, 2015

Same here as well.
        So far this happens with 2 of my projects.
        Unchecking – “Open Browser – After Launch” prevents the error but obviously doesn’t open the browser anymore after I hit run.

• Francisco says:

February 12, 2015

Same here

• Francisco says:

February 12, 2015

try
        @RequestMapping(method = {RequestMethod.GET, RequestMethod.HEAD} )

• david says:

February 12, 2015

Yeah, same here, but I was able to make it go away by unchecking the “Open browser After launch” checkbox in my run configuration.

• Nikolay Chashnikov says:

February 19, 2015

We plan to release IDEA 14.0.4 EAP build soon, it should fix this problem.

• David Hanson says:

March 7, 2015

Same issue.

org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound.handleHttpRequestMethodNotSupported Request method ‘HEAD’ not supported

• Maxim Kazachenka says:

March 13, 2015

Same here

8. Mark Freedman says:

February 4, 2015

Upgraded from 14.0.2 to 14.0.3. My android projects won’t build as R.java can’t be found. Everythin’gs broken — have to revert to an older version, but you don’t list oldre 14.x versions on your website. Very frustrating. lots of time wasted.

• Mark Freedman says:

February 4, 2015

The bug is not just me. Others are seeing this, too. You guys really need to do more testing of Android project builds on upgrades. This is not the first time that a “minor upgrade” completely cripples my ability to use the development environment. I really don’t want to switch back to eclipse…

• Mark Freedman says:

February 4, 2015

As this is a known, crippling bug, you really should PULL THE UPDATE so no one else gets hit by this.

• Ryan says:

February 6, 2015

I also started to have issues once upgrading, any new Resource (id, drawable, etc) I know do a Rebuild Project, Build Module, and then Run twice… and it will finally work. It’s a frustrating experience. Essentially solidified my choice to move to Android Studio after this release, hopefully this issue won’t end up there as well 🙂

• Petey says:

February 12, 2015

I can confirm Mark’s & Ryan’s comments. Very annoying bug to have to deal with. Please fix soon.

• Stephan Dhaene says:

February 25, 2015

Same thing here

9. Taylor Marks says:

February 18, 2015

Why is updating such a PITA?

IntelliJ is always bugging me with popups about how “A new version of IntelliJ IDEA is available!”

I click on it and it takes me to the IntelliJ download website. Which downloads an installer. Which I then have to run and make choices. If this was a once a year occurrence, I wouldn’t mind much, but as is, this is freaking annoying.

It’s 2015. I understand there are scenarios where auto-update wouldn’t be desirable, but there should at the very least be an option for it, like nearly every other application has. Failing that, there could be a button from within IntelliJ that I can press that will download and launch the installer for me.

10. Melody says:

February 18, 2015

Any word on this being resolved???

Not knowing there was a bug…I updated today to 14.0.3 and bam! – problems. I spent almost an hour trying to figure what happened before finding this post.

JetBrains: any chance of fixing this or putting a notice out that this will break your workspace???

11. Max says:

March 6, 2015

What with the bug? When it will be fixed?