IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 Update is Here

Andrey Cheptsov

You’ll be happy to know that with the release of IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 your favorite IDEA just got even better.

14_1_2_about

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, you can update automatically from the IDE by clicking Check for Updates, and then Update and Restart., or otherwise just download and install it manually.

Among bugfixes the update brings a new feature: the new IntelliSort button in the Log viewer for Git and Mercurial. When enabled, it provides a more convenient way to view merges by displaying the incoming commits first, directly below the merge commit:

14_1_2_intellisort

As an added bonus the graph becomes more linear and straightforward.

Don’t forget that your feedback is very welcome. Share it here in the comments or submit requests directly to our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

29 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 Update is Here

1. zorjiz says:

April 23, 2015

I can’t find the Update and Restart after I clicked Check for Updates. I am using 14.1 on Ubuntu

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 23, 2015

Can you please check your current build number? You can see it by clicking About IntelliJ IDEA. It should be 141.178 or 141.177 if it’s 14.1, the patch should work for both.

• C says:

April 23, 2015

I am on 141.178 and cannot update and restart, just fyi. I just have a more info button.

• Artyom says:

April 24, 2015

I saw “Update and Restart” dialog only after three times “Check update”. Before I saw dialog with “More info” button to web download. Build 141.178 Ultimate

• Lovesh says:

May 14, 2015

Thanks. That worked

• ferd says:

April 26, 2015

I also sometimes not see “Update and Restart” and i need download full program.

• Guy Smiley says:

April 24, 2015

I had to select the ‘Check for Updates’ option several times in a row before I was offered the patch (Update and Restart) as an option.

• Roeland says:

April 24, 2015

I had multiple windows open and did not see the update and restart either. When I closed all but one, I got the option

• Doron Gold says:

May 5, 2015

I also had to click on ‘Check for Updates’ several times before I got the ‘Update and Restart’ button.
      I am running intellij on Linux Mint (inside a VMware Workstation).

2. Billy says:

April 23, 2015

I just updated and this version as the 14.1.1 makes my system very slow and unresponsive. I had no problems with versions before the 14.1.1, but now I cannot edit a single line without system hanging every few seconds.

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

April 23, 2015

Could you please file an issue to our tracker with a CPU snapshot attached as described here at https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/entries/29983118-Reporting-performance-problems? This will help us reproduce the problem and get it fixed faster.

• ap says:

April 28, 2015

I am going crazy with this update. I hardly can’t work, did invalidate caches, rebuild, etc.

Any way to revert the update?

• pd says:

April 23, 2015

I second this.
      Since updating to 14.1, Intellij has become dog slow.

• Andrew says:

April 24, 2015

Have you guys checked whether intellij is doing any background processes, e.g. indexing or resolving dependencies etc, as during that time intellij is very unresponsive and you are better off making some tea or coffee.

• ap says:

April 27, 2015

Same here since updating to 14.1.2

3. Raman Gupta says:

April 23, 2015

The sha256 sum of the IntelliJ Ultimate 14.1.2 download for Linux does not match. It might have something to do with the fact that the download is named with “.tar.gz” but the contents are not actually gzipped.

• Serge Baranov says:

April 23, 2015

It’s a known issue, the server sends wrong header so that some browsers unpack the file before saving on the fly, leaving the original file name.

4. Bhanu says:

April 24, 2015

After updating 14.1.2 am unable to see TFS option….

5. knair says:

April 28, 2015

Intellij idea is becoming slower by each update. 14.1.2 is not just slow, it is dead slow.. frustrating, because i am the only one in the entire office to use Intellij and now finding no reasons to explain why i am still using it.

• knair says:

April 28, 2015

I am facing the issue on start up of ide. It takes long time before the UI is shown. After that, loading module is happening and the UI is frozen, cannot do any action and the updating indices happens, and same the UI is frozen again. I dont know how i will be able to take a CPU snapshot on these conditions. Once the freeze is over, the performance to not bad, but again freeze once every 5 mins,before back to normal in 10-15 seconds.

Environment :
      Windows 7 32 Bit ( It is company decision, I cannot change )
      4 GB Ram ( 3.48 usable ) , i5 Processor.

On start of windows , idea is the first application to start. CPU reaches 100% till the editor is usable. Ideally it took 30 mins for coming back to normal state, where i can do some coding.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Alessandro says:

May 27, 2015

Do you know tell me if your processor is of 2nd generation?

• melody says:

July 28, 2015

is that means his computer’s performance is too low to run the intellij idea???

6. Alexey Danilov says:

May 1, 2015

I hate to advertise this issue like that – but if as a result if will receive more love from the IDE developers, then why not?

In short, does any of the users have experienced that custom color settings / keybindings / live templates sometimes disappear after the restart – and the only way to get them back is… well, either recreate from scratch if you have not backed them up (ouch!) or reimport from saved settings jar file. This issue was never present in versions up to and including 14.

7. Roosevelt P says:

May 12, 2015

Hi,

Might be a little off topic but I was wondering if there’s any plan to include CLion and AppCode as part of the IntelliJ Ultimate package. Since the IT world is very dynamic, it’s no surprise that most developers are now proficient with different languages or platforms.

Having all these top language supports in the ultimate IDE would be awesome!

Thanks!

8. Robby Pelssers says:

May 28, 2015

While we’re at it… I have to close Intellij 14.1.2 regulary after I try to update some GIT projects. it keeps updating… and doing nothing… So bottom line … I only succeed to update my projects every 1 out of 3 times by restarting intellij a few times. Very annoying.. anyone else with this issue?

9. Thomas says:

July 3, 2015

Yes Robby, I have the same problem with IntelliJ 14.1.4. A pull or push on git projects takes so long, that it is unusable. (Windows 8.1 64Bit). The background tasks is running and running without any change.

10. intellijnoob says:

November 13, 2015

how do i update intellij idea in ubuntu ? I want all plugins, settings to be preserved in new version of ide. On “Check for updates” it tells me to download a new version nothing like install and restart. Is there some folder which is containing settings and plugins which i can just drop and replace in new intellij installation folder.

• Maksim Sobolevskiy says:

November 13, 2015

During the installation of new version you will be asked if you want to preserve settings, plugins etc.