IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 Update is Here

You’ll be happy to know that with the release of IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 your favorite IDEA just got even better.

14_1_2_about

If you’re running IntelliJ IDEA 14.1, you can update automatically from the IDE by clicking Check for Updates, and then Update and Restart., or otherwise just download and install it manually.

Among bugfixes the update brings a new feature: the new IntelliSort button in the Log viewer for Git and Mercurial. When enabled, it provides a more convenient way to view merges by displaying the incoming commits first, directly below the merge commit:

14_1_2_intellisort

As an added bonus the graph becomes more linear and straightforward.

Don’t forget that your feedback is very welcome. Share it here in the comments or submit requests directly to our issue tracker.

Develop with Pleasure!

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.2 Update is Here

1. zorjiz says:

I can’t find the Update and Restart after I clicked Check for Updates. I am using 14.1 on Ubuntu

2. Billy says:

I just updated and this version as the 14.1.1 makes my system very slow and unresponsive. I had no problems with versions before the 14.1.1, but now I cannot edit a single line without system hanging every few seconds.

3. Raman Gupta says:

The sha256 sum of the IntelliJ Ultimate 14.1.2 download for Linux does not match. It might have something to do with the fact that the download is named with “.tar.gz” but the contents are not actually gzipped.

• Serge Baranov says:

It’s a known issue, the server sends wrong header so that some browsers unpack the file before saving on the fly, leaving the original file name.

4. Bhanu says:

After updating 14.1.2 am unable to see TFS option….

5. knair says:

Intellij idea is becoming slower by each update. 14.1.2 is not just slow, it is dead slow.. frustrating, because i am the only one in the entire office to use Intellij and now finding no reasons to explain why i am still using it.

• knair says:

I am facing the issue on start up of ide. It takes long time before the UI is shown. After that, loading module is happening and the UI is frozen, cannot do any action and the updating indices happens, and same the UI is frozen again. I dont know how i will be able to take a CPU snapshot on these conditions. Once the freeze is over, the performance to not bad, but again freeze once every 5 mins,before back to normal in 10-15 seconds.

Environment :
      Windows 7 32 Bit ( It is company decision, I cannot change )
      4 GB Ram ( 3.48 usable ) , i5 Processor.

On start of windows , idea is the first application to start. CPU reaches 100% till the editor is usable. Ideally it took 30 mins for coming back to normal state, where i can do some coding.

Any help will be appreciated.

6. Alexey Danilov says:

I hate to advertise this issue like that – but if as a result if will receive more love from the IDE developers, then why not?

In short, does any of the users have experienced that custom color settings / keybindings / live templates sometimes disappear after the restart – and the only way to get them back is… well, either recreate from scratch if you have not backed them up (ouch!) or reimport from saved settings jar file. This issue was never present in versions up to and including 14.

7. Roosevelt P says:

Hi,

Might be a little off topic but I was wondering if there’s any plan to include CLion and AppCode as part of the IntelliJ Ultimate package. Since the IT world is very dynamic, it’s no surprise that most developers are now proficient with different languages or platforms.

Having all these top language supports in the ultimate IDE would be awesome!

Thanks!

8. Robby Pelssers says:

While we’re at it… I have to close Intellij 14.1.2 regulary after I try to update some GIT projects. it keeps updating… and doing nothing… So bottom line … I only succeed to update my projects every 1 out of 3 times by restarting intellij a few times. Very annoying.. anyone else with this issue?

9. Thomas says:

Yes Robby, I have the same problem with IntelliJ 14.1.4. A pull or push on git projects takes so long, that it is unusable. (Windows 8.1 64Bit). The background tasks is running and running without any change.

10. intellijnoob says:

how do i update intellij idea in ubuntu ? I want all plugins, settings to be preserved in new version of ide. On “Check for updates” it tells me to download a new version nothing like install and restart. Is there some folder which is containing settings and plugins which i can just drop and replace in new intellij installation folder.