IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.2 is Available

This minor IntelliJ IDEA 15 update, as always, brings lots of bugfixes based on your feedback.

Screenshot 2015-12-08 16.15.42

To upgrade, download the new version of the IDE from our website.

Develop with Pleasure!

P.S. We’ve updated JetBrains company branding, so IntelliJ IDEA visuals (and its website) might look new to you, but don’t worry, that’s OK. If you want more info on this, visit our company blog.

About Andrey Cheptsov

Part-time dreamer. JVM/JavaScript geek. IntelliJIDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.2 is Available

1. Steve says:

The download page takes you to version 14.1.5 and not 15.0.2

2. Florin Patan says:

Hi. Congrats for the release. Will there be any patch-updated from 15.0.2 EAP 143.1183 or full download is the only way to go? Thank you.

3. Jarek says:

So you guys think that the new branding is pretty, huh ? ok – IT’S NOT :)

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

Jarek, we don’t think everyone will find the new branding better than the old one. We did our best to explain why we changed the branding: http://blog.jetbrains.com/blog/2015/12/10/the-drive-to-develop/
      As a user I understand your confusion: the new brand looks too different. And I’d love to know more on why you don’t like the new visual style. Maybe we can fix that. Anyway, our values didn’t change with the new branding.

• maurizio says:

What I don’t like about it is that it’s way too colorful – the new icon doesn’t sit very well in modern OSs, and the splash screen is way too big (and, again, colorful). I liked the understated tone of the old icons/splashscreen – that doesn’t mean things should have been left the way they were – but this honestly feels like overrotating to me.

4. Steve W says:

“IntelliJ IDEA 15.0.2 is Available” Any chance of a link where we can download it?

5. Steve W says:

It’s seems to be available now.

6. Alain Konstantinov says:

The errors / warning (e.g.. F2 navigation) do not appear anymore.
    Seems much slower than 15.0

7. Sean Shou says:

I can’t change the IDE boot JDK to ‘oracle jdk1.8’, It’s not include in the list of ‘Switch IDE Boot JDK’ window.

• Andrey Cheptsov says:

The list shown by the ‘Switch IDE Boot JDK’ window includes only those JDKs that are defined in the IDE. Is ‘oracle jdk1.8′ defined in the Project Structure?

8. Anindya Chatterjee says:

Don’t know exactly where to ask that’s why asking in the main IDE blog. As apple released swift for Linux a few days back, when can we expect a full IDE support for swift in Linux (if at all it is in Jetbrain’s roadmap)?

9. Turbanov Andrey says:

What does this message mean?

10. Aaron J. Garcia says:

I have found a pretty critical (for me at least) bug in Intellij 15.0.X (15.0.2 included).

A team member of mine opened this ticket in your YouTrack instance, but we have not received a response yet… https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-147728

Will I get a faster response using this link to escalate the issue? https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m only asking because my Intellij 14.X licenses are expiring next week… my company upgraded to the all products toolbox plan, but this bug in Intellij is a real show stopper for us…

Thanks for your help Andrey!

11. Pierpaolo says:

Can’t set a breakpoint with this upgrade…I always get this error:

NoSuchMethodError: com.intellij.ide.scratch.ScratchFileType.getOriginalFileType(Lcom/intellij/openapi/vfs/VirtualFile;)Lcom/intellij/openapi/fileTypes/FileType;

12. Alex Esser says:

The download performance is ultra slow for me in Germany. Today, and when I downloaded 15.0.1 last week too. (Ultimate Version)

20 KB/s, and by using a download manager with 16 connections I get ~350 KB/s.

• Thomas Heilbronner says:

Same for me, also from Germany. Last week the download was interrupted after 2 hours of waiting. Current download estimate is ~11 hours :/

13. Stephen says:

The link to the RSS feed for this blog is broken. http://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/feed/ redirects via a 302 to http://feeds2.feedburner.com/jetbrains_intellijidea which is the company blog, not the IDEA blog.

14. Leo Lozes says:

The new branding is fine.
    However, the small icons (shell integration) when you use the “open” dialog (on Windows) are black when they used to be blue (Intellij Idea icon). When using Darcula, it’s quite hard to determine which folders are supported by Idea and which are not.

15. Phil DeJarnett says:

Just want to confirm that the RSS feed is completely broken for me, too, as Stephen explained above.

16. Guido says:

New intellij Idea 15 release seems extremely sluggish to me. XML editing is now a PITA, what have you done guys?!! This is a really expensive tool. Even my i7 16gb ram takes on some load using Idea! I’ll go back to 14 for now. Really dissapointed.

17. Ness says:

Hi,

When I click on https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/download/#section=windows
    it says Version: Version: 2016.1.1

instead 15.0.2. Is this expected?