Docker is the developer-friendly container technology that enables creation of your application stack: OS, JVM, app server, app, database and all your custom configuration. So you are a Java developer but how comfortable are you and your team getting started with Docker? Docker provides PODA (Package Once Deploy Anywhere) and complements WORA (Write Once Run Anywhere) provided by Java. It also helps you reduce the impedance mismatch between dev, test, and production environment and simplifies Java application deployment.
This session explains how to package, deploy, and scale Java applications using Docker.
- Getting started with Docker
- Running first Java application with Docker
- Package your Java application with Docker
- Sharing your Java application using Docker Hub
- Package your Java application as Docker multi-container applications
- Scale your database and application using Docker Compose
- Deploy your Java application using Maven
Speaking to you