IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 EAP is Open
Great news, everyone: we’re opening IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 EAP, a preview of the next IDE update planned for this summer! Besides fixing issues, we’ve also stayed busy working on new features that we hope you’ll like.
New feature highlights include:
- The installer for Windows now comes with our custom JDK build where we address some issues with focus and font rendering.
- The Watches views has been merged with Variables for more convenience.
- Multiline expressions are now supported in breakpoint’s Condition and Evaluate and log, and Data Type Renderers.
- Try and return statements are supported in Evaluate Expression.
- Version control integration
- The Commit dialog now shows unversioned files (so you don’t forget to commit something important).
- Patches can now be applied from the clipboard (the IDE will offer to apply the patch when it obtains focus), or by dragging a file into the IDE.
- If a file has been moved or renamed since a patch was created for it, the IDE will try to figure that out or let you manually choose the file to apply the patch to.
- The VCS log continues getting better with a handy loading progress indicator, a shortcut to navigate to the filter field, and tooltips for graph arrows.
- Better spell-checking suggestions based on Damerau–Levenshtein distance.
- Language injection now works in YML files.
- Inspections based on Doclint for detecting Javadoc HTML problems.
- Importing color schemes from Eclipse.
- Spring Frameworks
- Spring 4.3 core features, new inspections and better performance.
- Better support for Spring Security 4.x.
- Coding assistance for Spring MVC variables in FreeMarker and Velocity views.
- Support for generics as qualifiers.
- A lot of issues related to both Spring and Spring Boot have been fixed.
- Android Studio 2.0 features.
That’s quite a list, huh? More is coming, so stay tuned for additional details on these features soon.
We kindly ask you to give the preview build a try and share your feedback with us. If you see a bug or a missing feature, go ahead and alert us via the tracker. With your help and contributions we’ll make the IDE even better.
Develop with Pleasure!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Java Annotated Monthly – December 2023
The December edition of Java Annotated Monthly is here! As usual, you’ll find all the latest Java and Kotlin updates as well as details of key industry events for networking and learning. This issue also features the latest release candidates and targeted JEPs alongside Java tutorials and articles a…
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Out
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. Download IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 RC As we …
The What, Why, and How of JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA
Master JPA entity management with JPA Buddy in IntelliJ IDEA! Our latest article shows you how to simplify your workflow and reduce boilerplate code.
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 Is Out!
IntelliJ IDEA 2023.3 Beta 3 is now available for download! You can get the latest build through our website, the free Toolbox App, from inside the IDE, or by using snaps for Ubuntu. Download IntelliJ IDEA Beta 3 This marks the last week before the release candidate is scheduled for delivery…