IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 EAP is Open
Great news, everyone: we’re opening IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 EAP, a preview of the next IDE update planned for this summer! Besides fixing issues, we’ve also stayed busy working on new features that we hope you’ll like.
New feature highlights include:
- The installer for Windows now comes with our custom JDK build where we address some issues with focus and font rendering.
- The Watches views has been merged with Variables for more convenience.
- Multiline expressions are now supported in breakpoint’s Condition and Evaluate and log, and Data Type Renderers.
- Try and return statements are supported in Evaluate Expression.
- Version control integration
- The Commit dialog now shows unversioned files (so you don’t forget to commit something important).
- Patches can now be applied from the clipboard (the IDE will offer to apply the patch when it obtains focus), or by dragging a file into the IDE.
- If a file has been moved or renamed since a patch was created for it, the IDE will try to figure that out or let you manually choose the file to apply the patch to.
- The VCS log continues getting better with a handy loading progress indicator, a shortcut to navigate to the filter field, and tooltips for graph arrows.
- Better spell-checking suggestions based on Damerau–Levenshtein distance.
- Language injection now works in YML files.
- Inspections based on Doclint for detecting Javadoc HTML problems.
- Importing color schemes from Eclipse.
- Spring Frameworks
- Spring 4.3 core features, new inspections and better performance.
- Better support for Spring Security 4.x.
- Coding assistance for Spring MVC variables in FreeMarker and Velocity views.
- Support for generics as qualifiers.
- A lot of issues related to both Spring and Spring Boot have been fixed.
- Android Studio 2.0 features.
That’s quite a list, huh? More is coming, so stay tuned for additional details on these features soon.
We kindly ask you to give the preview build a try and share your feedback with us. If you see a bug or a missing feature, go ahead and alert us via the tracker. With your help and contributions we’ll make the IDE even better.
Develop with Pleasure!