IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2 Public Preview
We’re excited to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2, the next IDE update awaited this summer, is now available for public preview! To get all the details about its new features and to download the preview build, proceed to our website.
Here’s a list of most notable changes:
- The Watches and Variables views in the Debugger tool window have been merged together.
- The Log viewer for Git and Mercurial got faster and now has a handy loading progress indicator.
- Patches are much easier to apply, especially if the files have been changed since the patch was created.
- Case-only renames now work well in Git for Windows and OS X.
- User interface
- The Editor supports monospaced fonts with ligatures: e.g. FiraCode, Hasklig, Monoid or PragmataPro.
- Any image can be set as the background of the Editor and the IDE Frame.
- Spring Frameworks
- Support for the Spring 4.3 and Spring Security 4.0 features.
- Coding assistance for the Cache Abstraction.
- Improved performance (for projects with many XML files; and several simultaneously opened projects).
- Intentions to convert code to ES6.
- Better coding assistance for React.
- Smarter support for TypeScript’s enum types.
- Database Tools
- Code completion is now more context-aware.
- Code completion for column values inside the Table Editor.
- Better PostgreSQL support.
- Android Studio 2.0 features (except Instant Run, not fully merged yet).
- The Windows installer bundles a custom JDK with fixes for focus and font rendering issues.
Give it a try
Develop with Pleasure!