IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.5: fix for SSH access to GitHub
Please welcome a new bug-fix update – IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.5! First of all, with this update, we fixed SSH access to GitHub when using the built-in SSH executable.
As GitHub dropped support for weak cryptographic keys, it caused connectivity issues when the built-in SSH executable was used to connect to GitHub. So we’ve updated the built-in SSH executable to make it compatible with GitHub’s new stronger cryptographic standards.
We also backported this fix to our earlier IntelliJ IDEA versions:
- IntelliJ IDEA 2017.2.7 (build 172.4574.19): Download.
- IntelliJ IDEA 2017.1.6 (build 171.4694.73): Download.
- IntelliJ IDEA 2016.3.8 (build 163.15529.8): Download.
And of course, the IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1 EAP build already contains this fix.
Besides this, IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.5 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed the issue with incorrect and unexpected Expand behavior in the Structure View: IDEA-184675.
- The Change Signature dialog now uses the system-wide color sсheme for the parameters list, instead of the editor specific color scheme: IDEA-134545.
- Eclipse compiler bundled with IntelliJ IDEA now supports Java 9 sources: IDEA-184951.
Also with v2017.3.5, we’ve updated the JDK to the 1.8.0_152-release-1024-b15 version, with the following fixes integrated:
- Unlimited cryptographic policy is enabled by default (JRE-638).
- The issue of empty Memory View in Debug session of an application running with JRE 9 was fixed (JRE-641).
Please refer to the IDE and JRE release notes for the detailed list of changes.
Feel free to download the update from our website, or using the ToolboxApp. As always, your feedback is very welcome: Twitter, issue tracker.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!