IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4 is released!

IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4, the fourth bug-fix update for the recently released major version is now available! Download from our website or update via Toolbox App.

In IntelliJ IDEA, you can specify the directory to be used by the running application for each run configuration. You can enter it directly, or use path variables.

Previously, the $MODULE_DIR$ variable always pointed to the directory containing .iml files.
However, projects imported from Gradle have the .iml file in the .idea directory.
The .idea directory normally shouldn’t be used as the working directory for running tests, as this can cause test failures. In order to avoid test failures in such cases, we now point the $MODULE_DIR$ variable to the module’s content root in case the .iml file is located in the .idea directory.

To avoid further misunderstanding, the $MODULE_DIR$ macro is deprecated.

We’ve introduced 2 new macros:
$MODULE_WORKING_DIR$ for module content directory.
$MODULE_IML_DIR$ for directory containing the .iml file.

In other news, IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4 now supports the new Spring Boot 2.0 relaxed binding rules for configuration keys.

Also, the following important issues are fixed in this update:

• The Enter file name popup is now closing after losing focus when there’s no value in the text box: IDEA-175973.
  • Subversion: fixed several issues related to URLs containing spaces/special symbols: IDEA-108912, IDEA-190790.

Last but not least, the JDK was updated to the 1.8.0_152-release-1136-b39 version, and the following notable fix was integrated:

• Resolved the issue with sizes of dragging windows between two monitors with different DPI: JRE-765.

As usual, for more details please refer to the IDE and JRE release notes.

In the meantime, we’re waiting for your feedback here in the comments, on Twitter, at the discussion forum, and in our issue tracker.

Happy Developing!

About Zlata Kalyuzhnaya

IntelliJ IDEA Marketing Manager at JetBrains.
This entry was posted in Releases and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4 is released!

1. ji zhou says:

Does Toolbox App ready for IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4 ?

I download the jetbrains-toolbox-1.6.2914, and click ‘Check for Updates’, but it notify that ‘no updates available’, the IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate ‘Install’ button still show ‘Install 2018.1.4 RC’

2. Michael Düsterhus says:

I found a regression from 2018.1.3:
    Opening Navigate to class or file dialog does not allow to choose a file by mouse click, only keyboard selection of the drop down elements is possible.

• Tristan says:

Yes there are some regressions around this, you can’t navigate in “tooltips” box with keyboard the focus is lost (ex: ctrl + alt + v) .

Rolling back to 2018.1.3 fix those issues.

3. ji zhou says:

Sorry, I use the latest version, but I update it to of the ToolBox App 1.8.3678 from 1.6.2914. I download single latest version 1.8.3678 it still can not work at that time.

The good news is that it can update to IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4 now, Thanks!

4. Jay says:

“IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.4, the forth bug-fix update for the recently released major version is now available! Download from our website or update via Toolbox App.”

Fourth, I think you meant fourth.

5. Jan Huysmans says:

CTRL + N, “Enter class name”, selecting class with mouseclick does not work

• Zlata Kalyuzhnaya says:

Sorry about that. We fixed this issue. The fix will be available tomorrow in IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.5 RC.

6. John Chesnut says:

Cannot open a new task with mouse click.
    I now need to use the arrow keys to move through the list and press Enter in order to open a new task.

7. Pingback: Java Weekly, Issue 230 | Baeldung

8. Natalia says:

I experiencing a problem with keymap. I am using macOS Sierra, delete button behaves like navigate, to actually delete something I have to use option+delete, same behavior for enter “return”. This behavior persist even when I change keymap Preferences, so I assume keymap editing doesn’t work.

9. James says:

Since installing 2018.1.4 (on Linux via Toolbox) I am having issues with refactoring names/identifiers. When entering refactoring for things like variable names the editor loses focus on the highlighted identifier and does rename until I click with my mouse. Very annoying!

10. Pingback: Java Annotated Monthly – June 2018 | IntelliJ IDEA Blog

11. Oleg says:

I’m trying to copy a folder “stringy” with scala classes from an sbt project in Intellij 2017.3.4 to a module in an sbt project in Intellij 2018.1.4 Build IU 181.5087.20 on macOS 10.13.4. When I paste it, a most bizarre thing happens: I only get a scriptFile.scala with the line stringy in red, but no copied folder. Same happens if I copy an individual class file.
    Fortunately, it’s not an issue with copying between projects open in Intellij 2018.1.4. Still, it’s a very strange thing to come across.