IntelliJ IDEA 2018.3.5 is out!
We’ve just published a new bug-fix update – IntelliJ IDEA 2018.3.5. This is one update that should not be missed as it has loads of bug-fixes for Gradle support, the Search Everywhere dialog, and many other useful improvements.
This update brings lots of improvements for the Gradle support. For a start, now the import of a Gradle project with Gradle 5.0 doesn’t fail when the IDE is running under JDK 11. Now when you add a new module to a Gradle project, the IDE will show the root project in the list.
We’ve managed to fix the regression, so that the creation of a Gradle multi-module project works correctly again.
Additionally, the source directories are now marked as such with Gradle 4.7+.
We are continuing to polish the new Search Everywhere dialog based on your feedback. An option has been added to the New Search Everywhere to filter out run/debug configurations.
Also, the new Search Everywhere dialog doesn’t miss files, and the results in the new dialog are no longer delayed.
Among the other notable changes that this update has to offer include:
- The Color Scheme won’t revert to Darcula after a restart: IDEA-202248.
- macOS Mojave users will find a selected item in the context menu is highlighted with the same color as in the main menu: IDEA-199525.
- The performance issue that caused high CPU/memory usage in the idle state has been fixed: IDEA-205778.
- JDK 11 thread dumps are now supported in the Run Tool Window: IDEA-206341.
- The shorten command line option is available for a scratch run configuration: IDEA-185342.
- Git 2.4 is the earliest supported version on Windows now: IDEA-205123.
- It’s now possible to view a PR on GitHub Enterprise 2.12 or older: IDEA-20088.
The bundled JBR was updated to the 1.8.0_152-release-1343-b28 version, which among other changes, fixed the issue that made some modal dialogs invisible (for example, the Commit dialog).
Please report any feature requests, bugs, or performance issues you find to our issue tracker.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!