Java Annotated Monthly – December 2019

Many of us are winding down for the end of the year. Or, more likely, desperately trying to hit deadlines before vacations, public holidays, or the schools break up. This month’s Java Annotated Monthly is not too full to take away from your busy schedules, and designed (as usual) for you to skim over the topics and dive into just the ones that interest you. Good luck with the tail end of 2019!

JavaAnnotatedMonthly@2x

Java News

Java Tutorials & Tips

Languages, Frameworks, Libraries and Technologies

Culture & Community

And Finally

A chance to catch up on the other IntelliJ IDEA blog posts from this month.

If you have any interesting or useful Java / JVM news to share via Java Annotated Monthly, leave a comment or drop me a message via Twitter.

This entry was posted in News & Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Java Annotated Monthly – December 2019

1. Wentao Zhao says:

In the last bullet point, Java 113 …

• Trisha Gee says:

Gah! There’s always something. Still, if it’s just that one thing, I did pretty well given I produced this month’s while suffering a nasty ‘flu

Fixed now.

2. John says:

Stop pushing your Kotlin everywhere, nobody likes it! Java is the only true way! :)

3. Edoardo Luppi says:

Damn, Java 14 isn’t even out and I’m already hyped for Java 15. This six months release cycle is killing me hahaha

• Edoardo Luppi says:

Btw, when will we be able to use the Java 14 EA builds in IDEA? And by that I mean, is IDEA going to support the new grammar changes soon?

• Trisha Gee says:

I’m not sure. I haven’t tried it yet but we usually support a new version of the language before it’s released, at least in an EAP

4. Mark Vedder says:

As someone that lived through Microsoft’s attempts to undermine Java by releasing a non-complaint JVM, I never thought I’d see the day I’d read an article authored by Microsoft entailed “Reasons to move to Java 11”. Times, they do change.