IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.2 is Available!

Posted on by Artem Sarkisov

IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.2 bug-fix update is now available. Update to the new version from the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or use snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. You can also download this new version directly from our website.

You’ll find the following important fixes in this update:

• Fixed project name issues when opening projects from the terminal [IDEA-228859].
  • Added support for Groovy’s @Newify pattern parameter [IDEA-234806].
  • Fixed issues with JavaFX artifacts configuration [IDEA-209569].
  • Eliminated problems that were causing the Resource Bundle editor to crash [IDEA-237258].
  • Fixed the Unsplit All action [IDEA-234948].
  • Fixed tabs detaching [IDEA-235385].

Please take a look at the full list of changes in the release notes.

Happy developing!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

16 Responses to IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1.2 is Available!

1. Greg says:

June 3, 2020

This new version does not allow me to run my maven web projects. They fail because there is a bug when trying to run the debugger, and I think it’s because it’s looking for the debug agent in a non-existent folder. The error is the following:

error occurred during initialization of vm agent library failed to init: instrument error opening zip file or jar manifest missing debugger-agent.jar

• Andrey Dernov says:

June 5, 2020

Looks like either the debugger-agent.jar file has been corrupted or there is an issue with the path to it. Try to delete either this jar or IDE caches directory https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/2020.1/tuning-the-ide.html#system-directory Check if path contains any non-ascii characters.

As a workaround disabling Settings (Preferences on macOS) | Build, Execution, Deployment | Debugger | Async Stack Traces | Instrumenting agent (requires debugger restart) should help.

If problem remains please file a bug at https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA with idea.log and steps to reproduce. Thank you.

• Greg says:

June 8, 2020

Thanks for the reply. Apparently, this was caused by a bad shutdown of Payara server. I reinstalled it and now its working fine.

2. mko says:

June 4, 2020

The resource bundle editor is still a mess, as someone else has also pointed out in the YouTrack issue.

– When selecting a message key and deleting it, the IDE tries to delete all resource bundle files.
    – Refactor-Rename is also not available in the resource bundle editor mode.

What is going on? Please finally fix the resource bundle editor.

• olgakli says:

June 5, 2020

Hello,

Here is the issue for the first problem: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-238790
      Can you please describe a second problem with renaming in more details? Thanks

• mko says:

June 9, 2020

I apologize for the late reply, the notifications about new comments to this blog entry were classified as spam.

The steps to reproduce are as follows:
        1. Open a properties file that is part of a resource bundle.
        2. Click on the “Resource Bundle” tab to get to the resource bundle editor.
        3. Select a message key.
        4. Choose “Refactor -> Refactor This…” from the menu or right click the message key and select the “Refactor” menu.
        5. See that in both instances “Rename…” is not available.

3. Trejkaz says:

June 5, 2020

Did it fix the regression in setting up dependencies for Gradle projects?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

June 7, 2020

Are you referring to the the auto-import toggle? That one was fixed in the previous update, v2020.1.1. Which version are you running?

4. dzhg says:

June 6, 2020

It’s extremely slow after upgrade to 2020.1.2. I’m on Mac OS.

I have to downgrade to 2020.1.1.

• Andy says:

June 15, 2020

Same here 🙁

• Tobias says:

June 17, 2020

This latest version 2020.1.2 lags when typing. I have reverted to 2020.1.1 as well.

• Bernhard says:

June 23, 2020

Same here. Terminal is extremely slow.

A friend said it might be connected to MacOS security settings regarding DevTools, but I was not able to add IntelliJ there…

Hope there is an update soon, otherwise I have to roll back again.

5. David Hilton says:

June 7, 2020

Honestly, I really like your IDE and I have a lot of respect for the quality you have produced over the years, but in the last 6 months, every update has resulted in 30 to 60 minutes hacking about to get the IDE working again, and in finance, that can get a developer into trouble. An update should not result in the IDE not finding String.

At the moment the only way I can work is to have 2019.3.5 as my stable IDE then occasionally I take a leap of faith and use the latest, then regret it.

We pay the license fee to avoid exactly this type of disruption. I hope you don’t take this a criticism of the product as a whole, its great and you have done some fantastic work here but I think most developers would rather have a stable IDE so they can concentrate on what earns them their wage. I fear that if you don’t increase your quality control another great product that deserves to be the top runner will pass into history.

• Artem Sarkisov says:

June 17, 2020

Hi David,
      Thank you very much for reaching out, and sorry for the late reply.

We are surely not taking your words as a criticism. And even if it is, we want to hear it out, and we respect that. I’ll pass your message to the development team. Meanwhile, if you feel like sharing more issues with us, let me know right here, and I’ll set up a meeting. Or just reach me at artem.sarkisov(at)jetbrains.com with any other product issues you have, and I will do my best to reply ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

6. Vitalii says:

June 8, 2020

I’m afraid of this update.
    It says that it is incompatible with most of important plugins. I believe Kotlin, Go and Python plugins probably can be updated and will work, but not so sure about other plugins.

7. hewei says: