Kotlin Heroes 5: ICPC Round is Approaching
Welcome to Kotlin Heroes 5: ICPC Round, the new round of our regular competitive programming contest co-hosted by JetBrains and Codeforces! Register now and save the date – November 12, 2020.
This is a special round for which we’ve joined forces with the world-famous ICPC, the International Collegiate Programming Contest. It’s a rare chance to test your skills and see how you compare to some of the brightest coding minds.
Kotlin Heroes is fun for everyone regardless of their level of programming experience, and every participant has an equal chance of winning a prize!
What is Kotlin Heroes
Kotlin Heroes is a Kotlin-only coding contest created and hosted by JetBrains and Codeforces, the most popular platform for coding competitions. The previous four rounds attracted more than 4000 participants, including tourist, Egor, Benq, eatmore, Golovanov399, Petr, ecnerwala, and other famous competitive programming champions.
This is a great opportunity to learn about Kotlin’s capabilities, as well as a chance to practice coding and adopt a powerful modern programming language.
Participants have 2 hours and 30 minutes to solve as many problems as they can. Each problem set includes tasks of varying difficulty to suit everyone from beginners to the most advanced programmers. Participants are faced with up to 10 problems of increasing complexity and ranked according to the number of correct solutions they come up with.
- The top three winners will be awarded with $512, $256, and $128.
- The top 50 contestants win Kotlin Heroes t-shirts and stickers.
- Everyone who gets through the first task will be entered into a raffle to win one of 50 Kotlin Heroes t-shirts.
- To mark this special round, we’ll be issuing participation certificates from the Kotlin team, JetBrains, Codeforces, and ICPC to everyone who takes part.
- There is also an outstanding special recognition prize from the ICPC: ICPC- experience, an invitation to the Moscow World Finals 2021, all-inclusive on-site (hotel, meals, ceremonies, and swag, are included; visa, flights, transportation to the contest location is not).
Who can attend
Kotlin Heroes welcomes everyone. The contest has no limitations on experience or professional background.
How to prepare
- Read the tutorial on competitive programming in Kotlin
- Watch these videos on competitive programming in Kotlin
- Check out the Codeforces practice round with open solutions
- Check out the problems from the previous rounds
- Find other competitive programming resources
We hope to see you at Kotlin Heroes 5: ICPC Round on November 12!