Kotlin News: 1.8.0 Is Here, Roadmap for 2023, KotlinDL on Android, and More!
Kotlin 1.8.0 has been released
Here are the biggest highlights of the Kotlin 1.8.0 release:
- New experimental functions for JVM: recursively copy or delete directory content
- Improved kotlin-reflect performance
- New -Xdebug compiler option for better debugging experience
- Improved Objective-C/Swift interoperability
- Compatibility with Gradle 7.3
Stay up to date with our monthly digest, which features all the most important news about the Kotlin ecosystem! Subscribe here.
Updated Kotlin roadmap for 2023
Here’s what you can expect from Kotlin in 2023:
- A faster K2 compiler.
- A more performant IDE based on K2.
- A stable version of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile.
- Improved tooling for library authors.
Check out the full Kotlin roadmap for the complete list of updates.
KotlinDL 0.5 has come to Android
Version 0.5 of KotlinDL, our deep learning library, is now available! The main highlights of the release are:
- Android support
- Preprocessing DSL
- Inference on accelerated hardware
- Custom models inference
Read the blog post to learn more about each feature.
Kotlin Advent of Code 2022 winners
We are incredibly grateful to everyone who participated in the Advent of Code in Kotlin this year. We invited the community to join us, and we were amazed by the turnout and productivity on display!
12 awesome guests appeared on our daily live streams hosted by our Developer Advocate Sebastian Aigner, showing and discussing solutions over the first 12 days of the contest.
We want to recognize the amazing community spirit, so we’re sending prizes to 15 participants.
KotlinConf’23 – Check out the speakers and the Global events map
Find a KotlinConf Global event in your city
KotlinConf Global is a series of events run by the Kotlin community to get together and watch and discuss broadcasts or recordings from KotlinConf’23. Anyone is welcome to join the community events. Find an event near you!
Meet the KotlinConf’23 speakers
More than 80 extraordinary minds are joining KotlinConf’23 to share their knowledge and experience with the community. Meet our speakers!
Shout-out to Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile content creators
The new great pieces of Kotlin multiplatform content are here:
- [📖Article] Public key pinning using Ktor for Android and iOS (KMM), by Hardik Trivedi.
- [📹Video] How to Build a Clean Architecture CRUD Note App Using KMM (Android + iOS), by Philipp Lackner.
- [📖Article] Why iOS Engineers Should Avoid This Glorified KMM Technique, by Derek Lee.
Go to our blog post for the full list.
Upcoming Kotlin webinars
Advanced Kotlin techniques for Spring developers
Kotlin can take your developer experience with Spring to the next level! Join this webinar and learn how to:
- Add new functionality to existing classes with Kotlin extension functions.
- Use the Kotlin bean definition DSL.
- Better configure your application using `lateinit`.
- Use sequences and default argument values to write more expressive code.
Speaker: Pasha Finkelshteyn.
Graceful shutdown with structured concurrency
Modern programming often requires us to make strong guarantees about how our applications terminate. One way to do this is through the use of structured concurrency. In this session, we will learn how to use Arrow’s Resource Domain-Specific Language (DSL) to reason about resource safety in the same way structured concurrency is used to avoid leaking resources.
Speaker: Simon Vergauwen
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Join Us for a Live Introduction to Algorithmic Challenges in Kotlin!
Are you preparing for technical interviews, or do you simply want to master algorithms? Join us for a practical livestream where we’ll introduce the Algorithmic Challenges in Kotlin course!
Kotlin News: KotlinConf 2024 Tickets, Compose Multiplatform 1.5.0, Grants Program Winners, and More
KotlinConf 2024 Tickets, Kotlin Multiplatform Naming Update, Grants Program Winners, and other Kotlin news!
Win a Trip to KotlinConf’24 in the Kotlin Multiplatform Contest!
Are you a student or recent graduate? Create a cross-platform project in Kotlin, if your entry takes one of the top spots, you’ll win a trip to KotlinConf'24!