A second EAP release for MPS 3.2
It is only a few weeks since you got a chance to test the first EAP release of MPS 3.2. and we’re bringing you some more features packaged into an MPS 3.2 second EAP release. Get it fresh and enjoy the first-hand experience of:
- Cross-model generation – generations of MPS users have dreamt of the ability to seamlessly generate mutually interconnected models. This now becomes possible.
- Version control support for auto-resolvable conflicts – properties and links in languages can now be marked with the new @mergeHint annotation and thus be resolved automatically in case of merge conflicts using the selected strategy. Often-changing properties, such as diagram layout coordinates, for example, will no longer require manual intervention when merging branches.
- Automatic changes resolution in non-conflicting models – MPS now helps users resolve merge conflicts by automatically resolving as much as possible
- Project migration wizard – projects will now be automatically migrated from MPS 3.1 to 3.2 using a graphical assistant
- IntelliJ IDEA MPS plugin – this EAP release comes with an updated IntelliJ IDEA plugin
The What’s new in MPS 3.2 document has been updated to contain both EAP1 and EAP2 features so you can learn about all the details in one place. To check the full list of the closed tickets in EAP2, head to the release notes.
Enjoy MPS 3.2 EAP2 and please let us know about any issues that you discover.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team