New and updated documentation materials
Now with the 3.2 release of MPS approaching, we’ve updated the introductory materials that aim at introducing newbies to MPS. Typical readers of this blog have probably got over the beginner stage, but many of you may still benefit from some of the materials or use the pointers listed here to help your friends and colleagues to start with MPS smoothly.
Here are the most prominent updates:
- The Fast Track to MPS tutorial has been updated in many sections so it could be considered the best place to start learning MPS
- You may have seen the new What JetBrains MPS can do for you? video. If not, check it out!
- A new series of 11 introductory videos covering all aspects of language definition in MPS has been created
- A video describing the key principles of the MPS projectional editor has been published
- The screen-cast Creating your first language in MPS has been updated
- The mbeddr guys created an updated Why mbeddr uses MPS screencast
- The User Guide as the ultimate reference documentation has been restructured and updated
- Two new sample projects come bundled with MPS 3.2:
- The Migrations sample project to illustrate the workings of language versioning and migration scripts in MPS 3.2
- The Language Patterns sample project covering basic language design patterns to help beginners properly structure their early languages
We hope you will like what we’ve done.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
MPS Community Meetup 2023 is happening!
The MPS Community Meetup is back! Join us for the MPS Community Meetup 2023 in Munich on May 11 and 12. Like previous years, the event will be a series of talks from the community and the MPS team sharing the product’s status. Register today! The call for speakers is open! We are accepting talks…
Early Access Program for MPS 2022.2
As previously mentioned, we decided to skip MPS 2022.1 as we were too busy fixing issues from the last release and didn’t have enough time to prepare the new functionality. Now we have new features to present to give you a glimpse of what’s to come in MPS 2022.2. DOWNLOAD MPS 2022.2 EAP Annota…
MPS Is Skipping the 2022.1 Release
MPS 2022.1 was supposed to be released this month, but we unfortunately have to announce that this is not going to happen. The previous release, MPS 2021.3, was released late, which gave us a shorter time frame for fixing the bugs of the new features, while also developing functionality for MPS 2022…
The Early Access Program for MPS 2021.3 is open
Our release of MPS 2021.3 will be delayed until next year. That said, we can’t finish the year without giving you a glimpse of what you can look forward to. DOWNLOAD MPS 2021.3 EAP Experimental Kotlin language support An experimental Kotlin implementation is now bundled with MPS. While it supports m…