Releasing MPS 3.2
We’re now proudly releasing JetBrains MPS 3.2 – a new version of your favourite DSL language workbench. We’ve built this version to give you a tool that fundamentally improves the way how you evolve your languages – language versioning, migration scripts, simplified VCS conflict resolution, fast in-process tests and a more robust generator – you’ll instantly benefit from these enhancements.
Numerous bug fixes and usability improvements in the editor as well as in the core languages will then make your time spent with MPS more effective and enjoyable.
Here’s a list of the major additions in MPS 3.2:
- Language versioning enables MPS to keep track of the versions of the languages used in your projects and seamlessly upgrade your code if a newer language version is available
- New model persistence relies on unique concept identifiers, which gives languages greater flexibility when handling concept names, for example when renaming or deprecating concepts
- Cross-model generation brings a proper solution to resolving references pointing to declarations in different models during generation
- Several generation planning improvements make the generation process better organised, more predictable and faster
- Implementation stripping allows language designers as well as library authors to hide the actual implementation of their packages from their users
- Resolving changes in the Version-control system for non-conflicting models has been automated
- With Merge hints language designers may specify custom resolution strategies for properties and links to use when resolving VCS conflicts automatically
- Test performance has been improved dramatically by enabling in-process runs as well as reusing the test caches
The What’s new page details all new enhancements that MPS 3.2 comes with.
Get your copy of MPS 3.2 today and take the brand new MPS release out for a ride.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains MPS Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
MPS Community Meetup 2023 is happening!
The MPS Community Meetup is back! Join us for the MPS Community Meetup 2023 in Munich on May 11 and 12. Like previous years, the event will be a series of talks from the community and the MPS team sharing the product’s status. Register today! The call for speakers is open! We are accepting talks…
Early Access Program for MPS 2022.2
As previously mentioned, we decided to skip MPS 2022.1 as we were too busy fixing issues from the last release and didn’t have enough time to prepare the new functionality. Now we have new features to present to give you a glimpse of what’s to come in MPS 2022.2. DOWNLOAD MPS 2022.2 EAP Annota…
MPS Is Skipping the 2022.1 Release
MPS 2022.1 was supposed to be released this month, but we unfortunately have to announce that this is not going to happen. The previous release, MPS 2021.3, was released late, which gave us a shorter time frame for fixing the bugs of the new features, while also developing functionality for MPS 2022…
The MPS 2021.2 Bug Fix Is Here
This is a special minor release containing primarily fixes that were requested by our support contract clients. In case you haven’t heard about our support program, we provide professional services to our clients to help them use MPS to achieve their goals faster. This business model allows us to ke…