Webinar Recording: Embracing AppCode 3
The recording of our June 12th webinar, Embracing AppCode 3, is now available on JetBrainsTV YouTube channel.
In this webinar, Rafał Legiędź shows some “standard” magic like code assistance, code generation and refactoring features, goes through debugging and CocoaPods support, and even gives a small demo of Swift coding in AppCode.
Below are some questions from our webinar answered by Rafał and Anastasia.
Q: Does AppCode have Interface Builder? Does it support storyboard format?
A: Yes, since 3.0 version AppCode includes integrated UI Designer that provides all the essential UI editor features and works with the full component palette supported by iOS SDK. For developing your application’s UI, you can use either .xib or .storyboard formats.
Q: How to synchronize code style convention (autoformat) between Xcode and AppCode team members?
A: Right now there is no automatic option to do that. AppCode has a possibility to import colour schemes from Xcode and includes Xcode keymap, fully re-worked in 3.0 version to better match the native one, and to have fewer conflicts with Xcode itself. As for the other there is an issue in our tracker. Feel free to vote to increase the priority.
Q: What are the possible cases for using
Cmd+N shortcut? Where code generation can be used in AppCode?
A: There are vast code generation options in AppCode.
- You can use it in the main code:
- for Objective-C (initWith, init/encodeWithCoder, copyWithZone, Override/Implement Methods, @synthesize, etc.)
- or C++ (constructor, destructor, getter, setter, etc.).
- In unit tests (for more details read our post):
- for setUp/tearDown methods or test methods in OCUnit, XCTest or Google Test;
- it, context, beforeEach, afterEach and specify blocks for Kiwi.
- Create new File / Class / Protocol / Category / File from Xcode template, when pressed in Project View.
- Create new Target, when executed in Project Settings.
About the Presenter:
Thanks to all the attendees for the nice features suggestions! If you still have some, please, put them to our tracker.
Thank you and develop with pleasure!