PhpStorm 6.0 released: composer, code (re)arranger, new refactorings, REST Client, Darcula & more
With this release, we invite all PHP developers to redefine their productivity and adopt the best technologies available today to quickly produce neat and well-tested code.
The key features of PhpStorm 6 include:
- Composer dependency manager for PHP support
- Code (re)arranger – control the structure of your existing and generated code
- New refactorings: Change Signature, Pull Up/Push Down class members, and Move Class
- Smarter namespace handling – Auto-import, Optimize Imports and more
- Fully customisable templates, including PHPDoc
- More code inspections, smarter code completion, and better runtime error prevention
- New database schema editor and change tracking tools
PhpStorm 6 also provides a brand new web toolkit:
- Built-in REST Client to test RESTful web services right from the IDE
- File Watchers – for easy Sass, LESS, SCSS, CoffeeScript, TypeScript transpilation
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps
- Refined handling of JS libraries, including minified versions detection
- Re-worked HTML structure view with support for HTML5
- Emmet abbreviations support for faster HTML & CSS coding
And last but not least, PhpStorm 6 features a fresh IDE look and feel, Retina-ready icons, and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor.
This version also includes an open API exposing our PHP support to 3rd party plugins. We are already seeing powerful plugins that provide sophisticated features for various popular frameworks emerging and encouraging our community to create the best experience together. Stay tuned for more information on this in the next weeks.
PhpStorm 6.0 is a free update for you if you purchased your license after Mar 12, 2012.
Develop smarter, not harder, with PhpStorm 6!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PHP Annotated – October 2023
Welcome to the October edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…
The Pest Plugin Is Now Maintained by JetBrains
You've probably heard about the Pest test framework developed by Nuno Maduro and the community. There is also a dedicated PhpStorm plugin for Pest, which until now has been brilliantly developed by Oliver Nybroe. In this post, we will talk about how JetBrains is going to maintain the plugin, and her…
PHP Annotated – September 2023
Welcome to the September edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…