PhpStorm 6.0.1 released
We are ready to deliver PhpStorm 6.0.1 stable minor update including a set of very important fixes, performance improvements, and some new features:
- The generic Factory Method pattern support was added.
By adding simple external metadata you can help IDE to deduce return types from the invocation arguments. This will reduce the number of required @var annotations in code employing the pattern, wich is quite common in modern frameworks. More info on using metadata
- PHP type inference for variables should now work with Fluent Interface style call chains more correctly – again removing the need for many @var annotations.
- PHP completion for array indexes has been significantly improved, general completion performance is back to speed
- PHP inspection got a couple of new ones – division by zero and invalid string operation
- Change Signature refactoring now supports anonymous functions
- New action “move method up/down”
- Code formatting and indentation fixes
- Smarty template engine support fixes
- More details on changes are available in the issue tracker.
Moreover, PHP open API which has been announced earlier is being enhanced in this release. The introduced Extension Point also allows 3rd party plugin creators to provide type info automatically using framework’s established practices and configuration. The API is still unstable but we provide guidance. Check out tutorials on plugin development. Take a peek at the Symfony 2 plugin for example of recent development.
- Improved formatting for CoffeeScript
- Improved inspections for SASS and TypeScript
- Internal web server is now available in PhpStorm
- Various bugfixes
PhpStorm 6.0.1 has got all the latest fixes included in WebStorm 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 EAP, please check release notes.
On the platform side PhpStorm 6.0.1 has got all the latest fixes included in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.1. Check release notes.
Download PhpStorm 6.0.1
Automatic update is available from 6.0 release build.
In the spirit of Earth Day, Get 40% OFF PhpStorm normal price for personal use and support a good cause. Every new personal license bought between April 15th and 22nd helps the environment by saving the endangered Atlantic Forest of Brazil.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PHP Annotated – September 2023
Welcome to the September edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…
PhpStorm Public Roadmap: What’s Coming in 2023.3
After recently releasing PhpStorm 2023.2, we’re now ready to share our plans for the next version of PhpStorm that is scheduled for late November 2023.
PHP Annotated – July 2023
Welcome to the July edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…