PhpStorm 8 Public Preview
PhpStorm 8 Public Preview build 138.1901 is available, bringing a lot of interesting features and major improvements.
And if you are still using our stable PhpStorm 7 version, here is a summary of improvements and new features we are delivering in the upcoming PhpStorm 8 release which is planned to be out in September 2014:
- PHP Language Support: Completely re-worked language injections into PHP literals; PHP 5.6 full support; Source & Test directories for PHP; New intentions and inspections, formatting, type inference, and other major improvements including type inference based on return type of ArrayAccess/Iterator, Markdown support in PHPDoc blocks, and understanding of uniform multi-level arrays.
- Frameworks: Blade template engine support; WordPress support; Drupal 8 support
- Behat support
- PHP remote interpreters support
- Debugging & testing improvements
PhpStorm 8 also brings support for some of the most trending web technologies:
- Advanced AngularJS support
- PhoneGap/Cordova integration
From the IntelliJ Platform side, this release includes:
- Multiple Carets and Selections
- Working with a single file without creating a project
- EditorConfig support
- Bundled Scratch plugin to quickly open temporary text editor tab
- The new Code cleanup action
- Improved Find in path action
- Copy/paste selected code as HTML/RTF is now available without additional plugins
- Excluded folders are now visible in Project View and can be added to VCS (but batch operations such as refactorings, navigation, find usages, etc. do not affect these folders).
PhpStorm 8 brings even more emerging technologies to help you enjoy web development, with deepest-ever code understanding and advanced support for remote environments.
Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains PhpStorm Team