Symfony Development using PhpStorm
With over 730,000 downloads to date, this plugin enhances PhpStorm’s advanced features, adding many Symfony2-specific features using extension points provided in the IDE for third-party plugin authors.
Today we are glad to publish a series of tutorials prepared by JetBrains Technical Evangelist Maarten Balliauw, covering the entire workflow of Symfony2 web applications development using PhpStorm IDE with Symfony2 plugin.
Have a look at the table of contents here, and make sure to proceed reading full Symfony Development using PhpStorm tutorial.
- Getting started (Installing the Symfony2 Plugin, Enabling the Symfony2 Plugin for a project, Symfony2 Code Style)
- Navigating through a Project (Navigate to Class, File or Symbol, Navigate to Symfony2 Symbol, Navigate to Related)
- Working with Templates (Completion and Navigation for Templates, Creating a Template using a Quick Fix)
- Working with the Service Container (Completion and Navigation for Services, Completion for Parameters, Missing Service Inspection, Duplicate Service Inspection, Registering Services)
- Working with Doctrine (Completion for Doctrine schema files, Completion and Navigation for Entities and Repositories, Completion for QueryBuilder, Completion and Navigation for default Repositories)
- Working with Translations (Completion and Navigation for Translation or Domain, Missing Translation or Domain Inspection and Quick Fix, Translation Extractor)
- Working with Routes (Completion and Navigation for Routes, Missing Route Inspection)
- Working with Forms (Completion and Navigation for Form and FormBuilder functions, Translating Forms)
- Working with Events (Completion and Navigation for Events)
- Creating Helper Functions (Method Parameter, Signature Types)
- Twig Templates (Completion and Navigation for Templates and Blocks, Completion and Navigation for Extensions, Filters and Macros, Completion, Navigation and Inspections for Assets, Completion, Navigation and Inspections for Translations, Completion, Navigation and Inspections for Routes, Working with Variables)
- Profiler Status bar
- Symfony2 Command Line Tool Integration
- PHP Code Sniffer with Symfony2 Coding Standards Integration in PhpStorm
- Debugging, Profiling and Testing Symfony2 (Debugging and Profiling Symfony2, Unit testing Symfony2)
Please report all the feedback, bugs and feature requests related to the Symfony2 plugin directly to the plugin issue tracker.
We would be glad to see more and more 3rd-party plugins developed by the community. If you are missing any extension point or would like to get advice on plugin development, do reach out to the PhpStorm core team via comments, issue tracker, twitter, or any other channel. See the PhpStorm Plugin Development page for more information.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Qodana Clone Finder: Early Access Program
In December 2020, we announced the EAP for Qodana, which is rapidly evolving into a comprehensive platform that allows companies to perform multi-level evaluations of the quality of code they own, contract, or purchase. Qodana helps you detect bugs without relying on an IDE, either on a local machi…
PhpStorm 2020.2 EAP #3
The Early Access Program for PhpStorm 2020.2 is in full swing and today we’ve got the third build of the 2020.2 EAP for you. In this blog post, you can read about improvements for Git installed in WSL2 and Search Everywhere. Download PhpStorm 2020.2 EAP (more…)…
PhpStorm 2019.3.3 Preview
We’ve just rolled out a preview for the third minor update for PhpStorm 2019.3. Please give the PhpStorm 2019.3.3 Preview build 193.6494.5 a try and share your feedback with us. (more…)…
How to Upgrade to PHP 7.4 with PhpStorm
Check out our fresh video with a few nice tips and tricks on how to update your codebase to PHP 7.4. It combines materials from the PhpStorm 2019.2 and PhpStorm 2019.3 releases, with a few cool bonuses to boot. Nikita drew our attention to the fact that setters are slower than assigning prop…