PhpStorm 9 Early Access Program Started
This build includes a bunch of new features, bug fixes and improvements from PHP, Web and IntelliJ platform sides. The development roadmap for PhpStorm can be found here. PhpStorm 9 release is currently planned for Q2 2015.
From the PHP side, this build delivers:
- Inline debugger for PHP;
- Debugging workflow and Validate Debugger enhancements (now it’s located at Run | Web Server Debug Validation);
- Option to set formatting for break in switch statement;
- Additional options for PHP Code Sniffer are supported (sniff names can be set in inspections configuration);
- Separate PHP Constructor editable template for constructor generation; other enhancements of constructor and PHPDoc generation;
- Numerous new inspections and intentions (e.g. Parameters number mismatch declaration, Too many parameters in function declaration);
- MVC plugin has been deprecated and removed from the distribution;
- and much more (see complete list in our issue tracker)…
WebStorm 10 EAP is available as well (read more in WebStorm blog), and from the Web side we are ready to deliver:
- HTML editing improvements (Synchronous HTML tag editing, Emmet edit points);
- spy-js: advanced search, source map support, application dependency diagram;
- New project template for ReactJS and Flux apps based on ReactJS starter kit;
- V8 CPU and memory profiling;
- TypeScript 1.4 and built-in TypeScript compiler.
Please let us know in the web issue tracker if you get any unresolved or red code.
And finally, IntelliJ platform side brings us many features including:
- Distraction-free mode (a view with no toolbars, no tool windows, no editor tabs, just code on your screen. To switch to this mode, click View | Enter Distraction Free Mode)
- HiDPI support for Windows/Linux (scaled icons/font-size, no blur). If you have any troubles with that, please, go to the corresponding issue;
- A new option to Copy as rich text by default (you can read about that in a post in IntelliJ IDEA blog);
- Opportunity to add multiple selections with the mouse (read more in this post);
- Per-project file templates;
- Enhanced Scratch Files feature (now they become real files stored in IDE settings so they are shown in Project View, they survive IDE restarts and even can be executed);
- Version control integration improvements: log viewer with filtering by repository, annotation coloring now indicates the dates of changes: green for recent changes, red for older changes;
- A new option to use HTTPS for updates and plugin downloads.
This build includes a 30-day time-limited license. There is no patch updates available.
A new distribution package targeting Mac OS X Yosemite users experiencing graphical glitches with Apple JDK has been improved. It features custom build of latest JDK 1.8 with fixes by JetBrains team. It saves you hassle of juggling JDK versions and editing .plist files. Work on custom JDK for OS X is still in progress – please report problems to the issue tracker. Note that non-native-looking font rendering is not a bug.
Remember to install .zip & .tar.gz versions into completely empty folder. Do not just unpack over previous version!
Please note that 9.0 builds use separate settings folder so either automatic or manual import of settings may be required. 3rd party plugins may or may not be compatible with 140.x builds – please ping plugin authors in case of any problems. We gladly offer them our support.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team