Meet PhpStorm 9 Development Roadmap
Today we are happy to share a development roadmap for PhpStorm 9, and we are looking forward to get feedback!
Please note that this public roadmap is not a final list of features that you’ll see in PhpStorm 9. It’s quite flexible and there might be changes at any time. Furthermore, all the improvements to various existing features are not included into roadmap.
The highlights of the roadmap include:
- Editing Experience
- Advanced PHP type inference – better problem detection & code completion
- Live debugging data overlay directly in editor
- Postfix code Completion for PHP
- Inline mode for rename refactoring
- Introduce parameter refactoring
- Structural Search & Replace scenarios for PHP – basically an ability to easily define custom inspection rules
- Various formatting and PHPDoc-related features
- Tools & Environment
- Easy use of “remote” tools (SSH or VM-hosted) – e.g. PHP Code Sniffer, PHP Mess Detector
- Docker integration: image/container management and deployment tools
- Platform Features
- Easy Inspection scopes setup
- HiDPI support for Windows/Linux
- A brand-new distraction-free mode, see View | Enter Distraction Free Mode
- New version control log viewer, time-color-coding for Annotate view
- Adding multiple selections with the mouse
We are also experimenting on:
- Hack language support
- Even easier PHP debugging setup and problem detection
- Zend Framework 2 support
- Plugin & new features discoverability
- Better automated bug reporting – to reduce Support roundtrips
The roadmap is preliminary and will be revised during the upcoming months. The updated development roadmap is always available here.
PhpStorm 9 release is currently planned for Q2 2015. Our PhpStorm Early Access Program will start in a few days.
As usual, PhpStorm 9 will include all the features and changes from IntelliJ platform and web part. We’ll also invest a significant amount of time and efforts in performance and fixing bugs in all subsystems.
We’ll be happy to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions here or on our issue tracker, where you can vote for issues or submit a feature request.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team