Meet PhpStorm 9.5 Development Roadmap
Please note that this public roadmap is not a final list of features that you’ll see in PhpStorm 9.5. It’s quite flexible and there might be changes at any time. Furthermore, all the improvements to various existing features are not included into roadmap.
With this release we are going to put an extra effort into refining existing functionality useful for most of PHP developers.
The highlights of the roadmap include:
- Editing Experience
- Full PHP 7 support
- PHP REPL (read–eval–print loop, interactive console for PHP)
- Make static refactoring
- Type inference improvements
- Structural Search & Replace scenarios for PHP – basically an ability to easily define custom inspection rules
- @method annotation improvements
- Support for @inheritdoc in quick method doc
- Tools & Environment
- Composer via Remote PHP Interpreters
- PHPUnit running system rework
- Platform Features
- Code formatter improvements
- New UI for running tests
- OS X and Java Version (the installer doesn’t require Java 6 anymore, the Switch IDE Boot JDK action)
- True HiDPI Support for Windows and Linux
- Indication for Running Configurations
- Version Control: Editing Code in Diff Viewer
- Find in Path: Preview Pane
- Database Tools: New Data Sources and Drivers Dialog
We are also experimenting on:
- Zend Framework 2 support
- Joomla support
- Data flow analysis
- Array element type tracking
- Inline rename
- Getters/setters autocompletion
- Duplicates detection for extract method
- Stubs versioning (so that stubs correspond to selected language level)
- Docker integration: image/container management and deployment tools
- Plugin & new features discoverability
The roadmap is preliminary and will be revised during the upcoming months. The updated development roadmap is always available here.
PhpStorm 9.5 release is currently planned for Q4 2015. Our PhpStorm Early Access Program has already started.
As usual, PhpStorm 9.5 will include all the features and changes from IntelliJ platform and web part. We’ll also invest a significant amount of time and efforts in performance and fixing bugs in all subsystems.
We’ll be happy to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions here or on our issue tracker, where you can vote for issues or submit a feature request.
Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains PhpStorm Team