We are happy to announce that today we released PhpStorm 2016.3 Public Preview for this year’s third and last major update of PhpStorm.
Everyone is very welcome to download and try its new features, bug fixes and other important improvements. As usual, we’re eager to hear your feedback on it in comments to this post or in our public issue tracker.
Learn all the details about the new features by visiting our website. Here are some notable highlights of this release:
Frameworks, Tools, more:
- Support of Docker in Remote Interpreters
- Support of PHPSpec test framework
- Auto-detection and configuration of PHPUnit, Behat, and PHPSpec from composer.json
- Ability to open multiple projects in one frame
- Support of Codeigniter Code Style
PHP Language & Editing Experience:
- Semantic highlighting for variables and parameters
- Сompletion of overridden methods and fields without function and var keyword
- Improved support of PSR-0/PSR-4
- New setting to select variable name without ‘$’ on double click
- Support of list() and array of objects
- Improvements in support for anonymous classes
- Code Style Settings for PHP 7 return types
Code Quality Analysis:
- Project-wide PHP 7 strict types,
- New naming convention inspections
- Improved Runtime Error Prevention
PhpStorm 2016.3 also brings major improvements in its support for top-notch web technologies, such as Flow support, improved TypeScript support, PostCSS support, Stylelint and much more.
From IntelliJ Platform this release borrows many new features and bug-fixes, such as enhancements in Version Control, which include better ergonomics and speed of VCS Log, reworked Merge dialog, syntax highlighting in the Diff and Merge dialogs, and an interface for managing Git remotes in the project.
Database tools have been significantly improved with the possibility to edit several similar cells at once, integration with mysqldump and g_dump utilities. Also, changes made in the Table Editor are now stored locally and submitted in bulk.
Please look at the overview of all PhpStorm 2016.3 features and download the build from the PhpStorm website. A patch update is already available from the previous EAP build (PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP 163.6957).
If you have any feedback to share with us, please leave your comments to this blog post or in our public issue tracker. Keep tuned as the PhpStorm 2016.3 release is just around the corner!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop