The new PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.6957) is now available! You can download it here or, if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP build (163.6512), you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
New Inspection for Strict Standards
New inspection for strict standards was added: Declaration of overriden method should be compatible with parent class.
Support of assert($x instanceof Y) for type inference
In PhpStorm 2016.3 the assert($x instanceof Y) is supported for type inference.
PHPSpec: Support of PHAR executable
We continue to improve PHPSpec support in PhpStorm 2016.3. Now the PHAR executable is also supported.
Apart new features, this build brings many bug-fixes, the most remarkable of them:
- Fix of WI-33542: Recursive resolve of constant values inside include expressions
Learn more about other new features in PhpStorm 2016.3:
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3512: Ability to open several PhpStorm projects in one frame, support of Docker in remote interpreters, completion of overridden methods and fields without function and var keyword, project wide PHP 7 strict types, and more
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.3983: Code Style Settings for PHP 7 return types
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4396: New extension point that allows to provide PHP files into projects, quick fix for case-insensitive inspection, composer doesn’t add vendor subfolders to External Libraries, improved VCS Log
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.4830: Semantic highlighting for variables and parameters, new setting to select variable name without ‘$’ on double click, and more.
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.5644: Initial PHPSpec support, faster Search in Git Log, managing Git remotes and other improvements.
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.6110: New naming convention inspections, PHPSpec Run Configurations.
- PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP, 163.6512: Initial support of CodeIgniter Framework, new naming inspection for constants, improvements in PHPSpec support, various bug-fixes.
Download PhpStorm 2016.3 EAP build 163.6512 for your platform from the project EAP page and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop