PhpStorm 2016.3.2 is out

Posted on by Anna Lebedeva

PhpStorm 2016.3.2 build 163.10504 is now available! You can download it here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or, if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2016.3.1 (163.9735) or PhpStorm 2016.3.2 EAP build (163.10154), you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.

This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.

PHP 7.1: Support square bracket syntax for array destructuring assignment

PHP 7.1 support is improved and includes now square bracket syntax for array destructing assignments. We’ve also updated “Language level inspection” and implemented a quick fix for fast language level change.

Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, the most remarkable of them:

• Horizontal scrolling with SHIFT key is no longer working: IDEA-164094
  • IDEA strips trailing spaces even in the line under caret: IDEA-164345
  • Project Opening options are ignored, confirmation window is shown regardless of settings: PY-17836

See the full list of bug-fixes and improvements list in our issue tracker and in the complete release notes.

Download PhpStorm 2016.3.2 build 163.10504 for your platform or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

-JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

22 Responses to PhpStorm 2016.3.2 is out

1. Михаил Красильников says:

December 22, 2016

When usability problems introduced in 2016.2 will be fixed?

2. Martin says:

December 25, 2016

I use portable PhpStorm (changed idea.properties). Is there easy way to update portable installation? Right now I have to install new PhpStorm, edit idea.properties and export config from old installation and import it into new…

3. Robin says:

December 27, 2016

Since the update, PhpStorm freeze for ~2s each time I ctrl+S, any idea why? We are 2 developers in my team with the same problem, going back to the previous version makes it work again!

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

December 28, 2016

It looks like some File Watcher is triggered and freezes PhpStorm. To get to the bottom of the issue please contact our support team Help->New Support Request.

4. Matías Banzas says:

December 27, 2016

I have PHPStorm 2016.2.2 (build 162.2380.11) and I get a popup telling me the update is ready for download but its not updateable via PHPStorm itself. Should I just download and install the new version?

• Maxim Kolmakov says:

December 28, 2016

Yes, please. Unfortunately we were not able to provide a patch between 2016.2.2 to 2016.3.

• smith roy says:

January 13, 2017

The message to download is confusing. says “blog/ download”

5. Vadim says:

January 19, 2017

Is there any step by step guide how to safely uninstall and install a new update without any loss of the existing settings in build 2016.2.2? I’ve spent so much time tuning the existing version, I can’t really take any risks applying a new build. Are there any patches in the nearer future that will allow to safely update the existing 2016.2.2. build without uninstalling it? Thanks!

• Alex Teilhet says:

January 26, 2017

any news on this status? I’d like a simple procedure with linux to avoid loosing configurations, I can cp folders and so on but need to make sure to do it properly…

• Vadim says:

January 26, 2017

None whatsoever

• slaat says:

January 26, 2017

why not uninstalling it silently?

• Bert says:

January 26, 2017

The fact that you have to go through this ridiculous process every time there’s a significant update is, frankly, embarrassing for JetBrains.

6. Mario says:

January 23, 2017

Sorry guys but we are in 2017! Please think about your upgrade distribution. Uninstall and Install new one, loose a couple of your configs and create the next of 400 PHPStorm.X.X folder in your home is`nt state of the art.
    I think you can do this a much more better.

• Ronald Hristov says:

January 30, 2017

I’m with you on that one. But with the JetBrains Toolbox App installing updates seems to be much easier, try it. You still need to uninstall one last time though. And yeah the folder thing is annoying.

• saikat chakrabortty says:

February 20, 2017

what about windows versions then???? i think intellij peoples are not fucked up like as in windows 😐

7. Jorge A. Garza V says:

February 1, 2017

A lot of lil shits that frankly makes me think about searching an option. My PS can´t create folders and files in remote server (no idea if others do), I have to use my, not that powerfull but fast, friendly and trustworthy Notepad ++. Yerterday, out from the blue it lost several settings, nothing terrible, just some very-very annoying.

8. Никита Щипилов says:

February 9, 2017

How may i change new file icons? They are disgusting

9. Vadim says:

February 26, 2017

Some guy on the radio said that Apple had recently changed its policy for third-party software developers, so it turned out that many of them were forced to issue new updates. I’ve had several system faults on my Mac with Sierra, which were first considered as memory issues. The cpu and memory usage were rising significantly with previous Phpstorm 2016.2.2. version. I made a backup with config files, and decided to give a shot with a new update. It worked out great, I used toolbox to uninstall the previous version and simply installed a new one. On the first program launch the app prompted whether I wanted to import settings from the previous version (which I obviously did), so in fact no backup was necessary, my config migrated to the new build successfully. It looks pretty stable so far, no more system faults or any bad experiences.