What is Early Access Program?
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added in the next release. It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be far below even usual beta standards. If you are looking for a stable version of PhpStorm, please visit our site.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
New code highlights
We’ve added new row highlights, such as highlighting of all extended/implemented methods, places where an import is used, and places where an exception is thrown (for try, catch, and @throws). This way your code is even more visual, and it’s easier to grasp the important details. To use this feature, simply place the caret on extends, implements, use, catch or @throws.
Here the caret is placed on the @throws keyword:
And here the caret is on the use keyword:
Parameter hint for method and function calls
The editor has also been improved, with parameter hints now showing for literals and nulls used as method arguments. These hints make code much more readable, helping you understand the semantics of specific methods. This feature is still experimental so do let us what you think about it!
For an example of how it works in IntelliJ IDEA, click here.
New quick-fix for undefined variables
We’ve added a new quick-fix for resolving undefined variables by declaring it as imported in closure.
Other features worth noting:
- Support for emoji in the editor (rendered as color images on macOS and as monochrome characters on Windows and Linux)
- Zero-latency typing is now enabled by default
- Better Mocha testing experience
- Integration with the Angular language service
- Faster start with linters
Apart from new features, this build brings many bug fixes, including these:
- Rename refactoring of parameter breaks PHPDoc if Keep blank lines in PHPDoc is disabled and Blank lines around parameters is enabled: WI-23666
- Conflicting import is not detected (functions, consts, classes): WI-23908
Download PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP build 171.1834 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop