Our website has all the details of this release, and here’s a roundup of the notable highlights.
Tools and frameworks
- Support of the Codeception testing framework
- Support of PHPUnit 6
- Blade Support Improvements
- Parameter Hints
- Improved support of PSR-0 and Rename Refactoring
- Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- Improved PHP formatting
Improvements in auto-import functionality
- Auto-import of functions and constants
- Auto-import from the global namespace
PHP language support
- Full support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax
- Current scope highlighting for alternative syntax
- PHP 7.1: Improved support for anonymous classes
- New code highlights
- Configurable PHP runtime
Code quality analysis
- Detect and convert PHP 4 style constructors to PHP 5.3+
- New quick-fix for undefined variables
- Grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- Allow choosing IP to be sent to Zend Debugger
PhpStorm 2017.1 also brings major improvements in its support for top-notch web technologies, such as Vue.js support, integration with Jest, completion for modules in package.json and much more.
IntelliJ Platform has given this release lots of new features and bug-fixes as well, including enhancements in Version Control, better search in Find in Path, Support for emoji in the editor, clickable hyperlinks in Terminal, and more.
Database tools have been significantly improved with better schema management in the Data Sources and Drivers dialog, columns mapping and DDL preview in CSV import, Drag-n-drop for exporting/importing tables, SQL resolution scopes, and Respect default search path.
PhpStorm 2017.1 is available as a free update for everyone who has an active subscription for PhpStorm or All Products!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop