PhpStorm 2017.1 Public Preview
Today we released PhpStorm 2017.1 Public Preview, the next major update for PhpStorm!
You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Try its new features, bug fixes and other important improvements. As usual, we’re eager to hear your feedback on it in comments to this post or in our public issue tracker.
Our website has all the details of this release, and here’s a roundup of the notable highlights.
Tools and frameworks
- Support of the Codeception testing framework
- Support of PHPUnit 6
- Blade Support Improvements
- Parameter Hints
- Improved support of PSR-0 and Rename Refactoring
- Recognition of PHP class names in strings
- Improved PHP formatting
Improvements in auto-import functionality
- Auto-import of functions and constants
- Auto-import from the global namespace
PHP language support
- Full support of PHP 7 Uniform Variable Syntax
- Current scope highlighting for alternative syntax
- PHP 7.1: Improved support for anonymous classes
- New code highlights
- Configurable PHP runtime
Code quality analysis
- Detect and convert PHP 4 style constructors to PHP 5.3+
- New quick-fix for undefined variables
- Grouping of user-defined constants in Debugger
- Allow choosing IP to be sent to Zend Debugger
PhpStorm 2017.1 also brings major improvements in its support for top-notch web technologies, such as Vue.js support, integration with Jest, completion for modules in package.json and much more.
IntelliJ Platform has given this release lots of new features and bug-fixes as well, including enhancements in Version Control, better search in Find in Path, Support for emoji in the editor, clickable hyperlinks in Terminal, and more.
Database tools have been significantly improved with better schema management in the Data Sources and Drivers dialog, columns mapping and DDL preview in CSV import, Drag-n-drop for exporting/importing tables, SQL resolution scopes, and Respect default search path.
Please look at the overview of all PhpStorm 2017.1 features and download the build from the PhpStorm website. A patch update is already available from the previous EAP build (PhpStorm 2017.1 EAP 171.3691).
If you have any feedback to share with us, please leave your comments to this blog post or in our public issue tracker. Stay tuned as the PhpStorm 2017.1 release is just around the corner!
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop