PhpStorm 2017.3.3 is released
PhpStorm 2017.3.3 build 173.4301.34 is now available! You can download it here, in JetBrains Toolbox App or if you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2017.3.2 or PhpStorm 2017.3.3 EAP build (173.4301.24), you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes and improvements for PHP and the Web, and takes on the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
REST Client: Auto-formatting of responses
In this build, we’ve implemented one of the new REST client’s most voted features: auto-formatting of request results. PhpStorm analyses Content-Type and formats the response accordingly. If type detection has failed for some reason, you can still choose between JSON, HTML and XML formatting manually. To see the original response, you can select the View as Text formatting type.
Highlighting call-site in case of pass-by-reference
PHP 7.3 may introduce “Explicit call-site pass-by-reference” (RFC) that will allow prepending of a call-site argument with &. This should help to understand the code and notice possible unexpected changes of a variable. It’s still a year till the 7.3 release, but why wait?
In this build, we’ve extended parameter hints with pass-by-reference visualization that will help you find a function or a method call that has reference declaration in a parameter. The new parameter hints will be shown for all arguments that are actually passed by reference. Please share your feedback about the new feature!
Notable bug fixes and features worth mentioning:
- Fixed: Short syntax array destructuring does not allow skipping values: WI-34517
- Fixed: Unhandled exception: doesn’t analyze “new MyClass” (constructor) expression: WI-37946
- Fixed: Broken “Change to” spelling quickfix in the Commit dialog: WI-39142
- PHP New Class now saves previously selected template: WI-39427
- Fixed: “Can’t run 32-bit version on Windows”: JRE-590
- Fixed: All run configurations lost after upgrade to 2017.3: IDEA-182966
- Fixed: Tool Window docking issue IDEA-149061
- Fixed: FETCH ALL IN <cursor name> returns error <failed to load> org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4ResultSet: DBE-2465
- Fixed: DataGrip does not recognize Redshift’s WITH NO SCHEMA BINDING clause: DBE-5404
JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PHP Annotated – October 2023
Welcome to the October edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…
The Pest Plugin Is Now Maintained by JetBrains
You've probably heard about the Pest test framework developed by Nuno Maduro and the community. There is also a dedicated PhpStorm plugin for Pest, which until now has been brilliantly developed by Oliver Nybroe. In this post, we will talk about how JetBrains is going to maintain the plugin, and her…
PHP Annotated – September 2023
Welcome to the September edition of PHP Annotated! We'll recap the most interesting developments in the PHP community over the past month, featuring handpicked news, articles, tools, and videos. (more…)…