The new PhpStorm 2018.1 EAP build (181.3870.19) is now available! You can download it here or via JetBrains Toolbox App. Or, if you have the previous PhpStorm 2018.1 EAP build (181.3741.23) installed, you should soon get a notification in the IDE about a patch update.
This build delivers new features, bug fixes, and improvements for PHP and the Web, and includes the latest improvements in IntelliJ Platform.
Git partial commits
In this EAP, IntelliJ Platform has implemented long-awaited partial Git commits. The IDE can now commit only selected changes from the file and skips all other changes. You can include code chunks into a commit using the checkboxes in the Diff pane of the Commit Changes dialog.
Additionally, the IDE now provides the ability to associate the code chunks, not the whole file, with a changelist, and track them separately. Code chunks can be quickly moved between changelists using the Move to another changelist action which is available from the context menu of the Diff pane in the Commit Changes dialog.
Alternatively, you can add code chunks to a changelist right from the editor – click on a change marker in the gutter. In the pop-up which appears you can choose from the available changelists or create a new one.
Other features worth noting
- Inline function: allow to inline function to multiple calls WI-40605
- Inplace introducing: support ‘extract constant’ WI-39247
- Old GUI REST client is deprecated
- HTTP Client: Support private environment variable file WI-40380
- Built-in SSH: does not support strong security ciphers – Cannot negotiate, proposals do not match IDEA-140196
- Add not listed CSS &JS files for suggesting for go to declaration in HTML files WEB-17009
- Provide option to complete styles from all CSS files even if current file has a style tag WEB-7317
Apart from new features, this build brings many important bug fixes and usability improvements, including these:
- Fixed: CSS selector completion in HTML document does not work if there is an inline style block WEB-2223
Use the board here to view the up-to-date list of the features planned for 2018.1 release, as well as discovered bugs. The list only reflects our current plan and is not final. It may be revised during development since new issues may appear and existing may be re-planned to appear in later versions. Please share your opinions on what is important to you and what would you like to see in the new version!
Download PhpStorm 2018.1 EAP 181.3870.19 for your platform from the project EAP page or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App. And please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop