PhpStorm 2018.1.6 is released

Posted on by Maxim Kolmakov

PhpStorm 2018.1.6 build 181.5281.35 is now available! You can download it here or in JetBrains Toolbox App. If you have installed the previous PhpStorm 2018.1.5, please invoke the Check for updates action to receive the latest update.

This build fixes the issue with the Register action: IDEA-193747

Download PhpStorm 2018.1.6 build 181.5281.35 for your platform or click “Update” in your JetBrains Toolbox App and please do report any bugs and feature request to our Issue Tracker.

JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

30 Responses to PhpStorm 2018.1.6 is released

1. Olav Sundstø says:

June 16, 2018

Do I really need to download this upload to avoid having to manually download a complete setup for next release? It is becoming a hassle to get these micro updates (often with no value for me), making me close all open projects and starting a re-index when opening again.

• Andriy Podanenko says:

June 18, 2018

Totally agree. It makes me mad when I know there is a patch release functionality which used to be ignored by PHPStorm dev team
      Is it possible to get full release automatic upgrade?

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

June 18, 2018

Not at the moment due to several reasons but we are working on this.
        Note that Toolbox app can handle full release upgrades as well.

• Vašek Brychta says:

June 18, 2018

The issue with Toolbox app is, that I’m not able to run the PhpStorm from it (I’ve tried three times and always the same, so I returned to manual installations)

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

June 18, 2018

That should be sorted out. Did you contact support on this?

• Vašek Brychta says:

June 19, 2018

No I haven’t. I’ll give it another try and see. Thanks for the update.

• Owen says:

June 18, 2018

When PhpStorm says it’s ready to be restarted, just ignore it. At least with Toolbox that works.

2. kevincam says:

June 18, 2018

Lately all upgrades via the software don’t work. I have to download and install the full version.

3. Vladimir Luchansky says:

June 18, 2018

From which version do you upgrade? Note that we support only sequential upgrades at the moment: https://blog.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/2017/09/taking-control-of-phpstorm-updates/ .

• kevincam says:

June 18, 2018

I always stay with the latest version. The last two upgrades, this one and the previous one had the same problem. Some issue with permissions, it tried to roll back but it didn’t work. In both cases I had to download the full version then installing it everything was okay. But yeah, the last two upgrades same problem. Before these last two upgrades I never had a problem.

• kevincam says:

June 18, 2018

Oh, on the blog page from the previous upgrade I left this same comment when it happened then.

• Eugene Morozov says:

June 19, 2018

The thing is that 2018.1.3 and 2018.1.5 were broken due to platform issues, and we had to release 2018.1.4 and 2018.1.6 relatively soon, in a matter of a couple of days.
        That’s why you could miss an update, and that’s why you could not update in-app.
        Please take a screenshot of the update window if it happens again, it should shed some light.

• kevincam says:

June 19, 2018

Ok, I’ll be sure to give it another try with the next release and I’ll be sure to take a screenshot.

4. Vladimir Nikolic says:

June 19, 2018

Do i really need to download whole app and reinstall it? Annoying

• Eugene Morozov says:

June 19, 2018

If you’ve missed an update (2018.1.5 in your case) – it is, unfortunately.
      Although it’s still our fault that we had to release two builds so close to each other.
      Please vote here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-170297

5. Tim Hawkins says:

June 25, 2018

I manage a large installation with about 30 jet-brains ide installs (phpstorm, webstorm, intelij), having to manually update is a pain, i need a mechanism that allows me to setup a shell script (we are on linux) that will update all intermediate versions between current and the new version, that we can run in the users account. or have toolbox do it for us, ie support a “run all intermediate upgrades” checkbox that just enumerates all the available upgrades and applies them in the right sequence. .

6. MonTea says:

June 25, 2018

Why you doesn’t implement an update-function to the program???

7. Dr. Denis Giffeler says:

June 27, 2018

homebrew cask install phpstorm

8. chrisM says:

July 5, 2018

Has anyone figured out the ESLint problem yet?

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

July 5, 2018

What exact problem do you have with ESLint integration?

9. mhousser says:

July 8, 2018

How many more years will you be forcing us to re-download the full installer for updates? It REALLY should not matter whether we missed some intermediate update or not. Getting pretty tired of this. In no situation should I be forced to go to your download website to apply an update.

• Vladimir Luchansky says:

July 8, 2018

We are working on this – please vote for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-170297. As a workaround you can use Toolbox app or ignore updates then update via patch and then remove skipped updates at Settings | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates to get all the patches without downloading anything from website.

10. Md Al Amin says:

July 16, 2018

Every time downloading PhpStorm is a pain, even for a minor update I had to download the entire software. PhpStorm and WebStorm pushing me toward VSCode, that’s a plus though.

• Eugene Morozov says:

July 16, 2018

That’s understandable, the platform team is working on it.
      In fact, today the developer changed the fix version to 2018.3, so there’s hope we’ll get rid of this issue this year.

11. Muhammad Mujeeb Asif says:

July 19, 2018

as soon as i moved to 2017.1.5 to 2018.1.6
    i’m unable to enable info bar right after tabs. i.e. to show current class name & its function name.
    may i know how i can enable it in 2018.1.6? https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/8a17060171f5e1d01a7eda6c29f331261aea7c1650566fb40afb17acb3c384be.png https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/b0e40bae9116e37bd20cb1e22f468bf2f47529841c4d89583ef907e3ae14f9ab.png

really frustrating without it, while moving in large function of large class.

Thanks

12. Justyn Clark says:

July 27, 2018

Just ignore, leave it alone and keep coding. Why complain here, don’t y’all have programs to write?

13. Nikki Mather says:

October 8, 2018

Why in gods dick do I have to download an installer to download an update?!