PhpStorm 2019.1 EAP #7
PhpStorm 2019.1 EAP build 191.6014.13 is now available!
This build delivers support for click on the @inheritDoc tag, improvements for move function to class refactoring, fixes for PHP, and it includes all the fresh new updates from the WebStorm team and IntelliJ Platform!
Click on @inheritdoc
The inline PHPDoc tag
@inheritDoc is used in a description to import the description of a parent element, even if the child element already has a description. If you Cmd+Click (Ctrl+Click) on the tag in PhpStorm 2019.1, it will take you to the inherited docblock.
Refactoring: Move Multiple Functions At Once
When dealing with legacy apps or projects that have a technical debt to manage, you’ll probably find a file with a bunch of functions. You may want to organize this a bit and move the functions to some classes. With PhpStorm 2019.1 you can move several functions to a class at the same time and the IDE will handle updating the usages for you. Select functions in the Structure View and call Refactor -> Move…
Updates for Package.json Support
Our folks from WebStorm team have implemented a couple of neat features for package.json.
To start with, you’ll get autocompletion for scripts: PhpStorm now provides suggestions for the available commands. You can see a list of commands provided by the installed packages (from the node_modules/.bin folder). After typing in the node, the IDE will offer completion for folders and files that you can run.
There is also a helpful tooltip with package version info. This shows you what range of versions could be installed when running npm install or yarn install. Press Cmd/Ctrl and hover over the version to see the information.
What improvements would you like to see in PhpStorm for Composer?
What are Early Access Programs?
- Every week we publish a fresh build for the upcoming version of PhpStorm.
- EAP builds provide access to the newest features we’re currently developing.
- EAP builds are free to use but expire within 30 days of the build date.
- Important! PhpStorm EAP builds are not thoroughly tested yet and might be unstable.
- You can install an EAP build side-by-side with a stable PhpStorm version.
- Your feedback is very welcome in our issue tracker: youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WI. Please don’t forget to mention the build number you’re using.
Please report any problems to our issue tracker, or add comments to this post. Your feedback is much appreciated. Oh, and the most active EAPers will get prizes from us!
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop