PhpStorm 2019.2.2 is released
PhpStorm 2019.2.2 build 192.6603.42 is now available!
In this second minor update for PhpStorm 2019.2, we are happy to bring you improved type inference and parameters info tooltip, as well as a bunch of other bugfixes and improvements for PHP, the Web, and all the latest improvements made to the IntelliJ Platform.
Improved Type Inference
We’ve made a lot of changes in the PHP type inference system, which affect the handling of $this/self/static return types. The following long-standing issues, as well as many others, are now fixed:
- WI-28728 +18 Fixed: No code completion in foreach loop if array of object is generating from static method with static array type hint
- WI-18067 +18 Fixed: Late Static Bindings errors on calls in non-static context
- WI-38803 +13 Fixed: PHP 7 self return type incorrectly analyzed in chained method calls
- WI-29051 +12 Fixed: $this|static as return type breaks chained type hinting for variable with element access
Detailed Parameter Description
Have you ever wondered what exactly should be passed to the function or method as an argument? Previously you had to open Quick Documentation and scroll to the parameter description. Now you can press CTRL+P/CMD+P (Parameter Info) and view the description right away.
Try it when you don’t remember what should go in that place:
Other notable changes:
- Fixed: IDE opens on a last known location when external monitor is detached: outside of screen (IDEA-153291 +36)
- Fixed: Stretch left keybinding doesn’t work (IDEA-218926 +14)
- Fixed: Nested sources folder not showing in Project view after updating to 2019.1 (IDEA-215752 +14)
- Fixed: Enter Full Screen & Exit Full Screen does not execute when invoked via find action (IDEA-192504 +13)
- Fixed: Exception occurs on applying “Show F1, F2, etc. keys on the Touch Bar” option (IDEA-202927 +12)
- Automatically escape special symbols for “Find” and “Find in Path” dialogs if “Regex” (“Regular Expression”) is checked (IDEA-109899 +12)
- Fixed: Xdebug 2.6.1 Profiler snapshot not opening (WI-44833 +8)
- Fixed: Docker exec tab does not correctly wrap (IDEA-179900 +8)
- Fixed: Freeze on project opening (IDEA-220475 +6)
You can find the full list of bugfixes and improvements in the release notes.
We appreciate you reporting any bugs and feature requests to our Issue Tracker.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop