PhpStorm 2019.3.1 is released
PhpStorm 2019.3.1 build 193.5662.63 is available now. It brings with it important bugfixes and a couple of small but heavily requested usability improvements.
Customizable auto-insertion of short tags
PhpStorm 2019.3 introduced the ability to automatically insert
<?php as soon as you type
<?, which can help you deprecate short tags:
But because short tags are still a part of PHP, this turned out to be a bit excessive. That is why in this version, we’ve brought several enhancements to the feature.
First, you can now opt out completely. In the PhpStorm preferences, go to Editor | General | Smart Keys | PHP and clear the Auto-insert ‘<?php’ tag after typing ‘<?’ checkbox:
Second, PhpStorm will filter out the extra
php if you happen to type it reflexively, so
<?phpphp should no longer occur. And, to remove the
php part, you only have to press Backspace once:
Customizable highlighting for PHPDoc blocks
Another feature that required a more tailored approach is colored highlighting for PHPDoc blocks, which we introduced in 2019.3.
It turns out that change was a bit too radical for some, so now it’s possible to customize the colors used. In the PhpStorm preferences, go to Editor | Color Scheme | PHP | PHPDoc, clear the Inherit values from checkbox on the elements you’d like to customize, and then set the desired colors:
As always, there’s a handy shortcut you can use to jump straight to the corresponding settings page. Place the caret on some PHPDoc element, press Shift+Cmd+A (Ctrl+Shift+A on WIndows), and search for the Jump to Colors and Fonts action:
Notable updates and bugfixes:
- PHP Profiler: Show memory column for Xdebug > 2.6 (WI-40687 +5)
- Fixed: Incorrect <visibility> const order in PHP class when formatting code (WI-49902 +3)
- Fixed: Format Code incorrectly changes list to array destructure (WI-49966 +12)
- Fixed: Scrolling very slow/sluggish in database table view/editor with many columns (DBE-9604 +10)
- Fixed: Add property type modifies parent class in library (WI-49957 +4)
- Fixed: Focus lost after closing tool window if editor tabs are split (IDEA-227102 +4)
For the full list of bugfixes and improvements in the update, please see the release notes.
To get the latest version, just click Update in your JetBrains Toolbox App.
We appreciate all your reports in our Issue Tracker, including both bugs and feature requests.
Your JetBrains PhpStorm Team
The Drive to Develop