PhpStorm 2020.1 Beta
PhpStorm 2020.1 Beta is available!
Here is a round-up of the most notable new features for the upcoming 2020.1 release to give a fuller picture of what it will look like.
The links will take you to the EAP posts published over the last few months with detailed descriptions of each feature.
Note that Beta builds are sufficiently more stable than EAP builds, but some issues might still pop up. If you run into any, please report them to our issue tracker. No license is required to use this build.
- Support for composer.json has been reworked from scratch and now lets you perform all tasks in the file.
- Multiple improvements in Advanced Metadata help you tailor PhpStorm exactly for your project needs.
- PHPUnit Toolbox comes with lots of quick-fixes and allows upgrading to the latest version of the framework in no time.
- PHP type inference has received nullability tracking and other changes.
- The Move method refactoring has been streamlined and now allows moving the code in one atomic action.
- New Inspections to find redundant ternary expressions and pass-by-ref occurrences.
- Machine-learning-assisted ranking for code completion (disabled by default).
- Code coverage reports can be generated in a fraction of the time by switching to the newly added PCOV and PHPDBG drivers.
- New users will see the new Commit tool window by default.
- Git branches workflow has been improved.
- Rebasing is now easier with the reworked “Interactively rebase from here” dialog.
- Grazie Spell Checker can help with proofreading out of the box and without sending your data to third parties.
- LightEdit mode allows using PhpStorm for quick editing of files without opening the full-blown IDE.
- The new zero-distraction Zen Mode combines Full Screen and Distraction Free modes in one.
- SSH configuration UI is unified and assembled in one place.
- More flexibility when sharing run configurations.
- JetBrains Mono is now the default font.
- The light theme has been updated and unified across different OSes and is now called IntelliJ Light.
- Split terminal sessions to see them side by side.
- Vuex and Composition API support for Vue.js.
- Run Prettier on save.
- Finally, it is possible to export query results to an Excel file.
- Run configurations are now available in DB tools, too, so you can run SQL queries.
- The MongoDB console in IDE now has better code completion.
These are just the key enhancements in the upcoming PhpStorm 2020.1. If you’d like to learn more, check out the What’s coming in PhpStorm 2020.1 playlist on our YouTube channel JetBrainsTV.
In the upcoming release announcement, we’ll include more details and describe even more new features!
The JetBrains PhpStorm team
The Drive to Develop
Subscribe to Blog updates
PhpStorm 2024.1 Early Access Program Is Now Open
This EAP build brings support for PHPUnit 11, improvements for the Pest test framework, and more.
PhpStorm 2023.3 RC
PhpStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate bundles the Pest plugin into PhpStorm, so you'll now be able to enjoy it out of the box.
PhpStorm 2023.3 Beta 2
In this build, we’ve added new inspections for PHP assertions and revised the integration with third-party quality tools.