PyCharm 1.2 released, with a new academic license type

Posted on by Eugene Toporov

PyCharm 1.2 is available for download. This minor update for our Python and Django IDE brings the following major changes:

• Support for Python 3.2 and Django 1.3
  • New UI for Find/Replace
  • Python version compatibility inspection
  • Syntax highlighting for .po files as initial i18n support

For more details about the changes please read what’s new, and download PyCharm 1.2.

Also, we’ve added a new, more affordable, ‘Academic’ license. It allows students and teachers to use PyCharm for non-commercial purposes, including education and research. Learn more about the Academic license.

Note: PyCharm 1.2 is a free update for all PyCharm licensees.

Develop with Pleasure!
-JetBrains PyCharm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to PyCharm 1.2 released, with a new academic license type

1. _b1 says:

March 15, 2011

А как на счет других питон фреймворков?
    bottle, TG2…

2. Yury V. Zaytsev says:

March 16, 2011

Oh, an academic license sounds great. This probably would make it so much easier for me to push PyCharm at work. It is really affordable and probably we can even arrange for site licenses.

PyCharm + NumPy + SciPy + Matplotlib kicks Matlab’s ass!

• dave says:

July 12, 2012

I can’t get this kind of setup to work on my mac. Do you have any tips? I pointed pycharm to enthought but plotting won’t work

3. yole says:

March 16, 2011

Support for other Python frameworks is under consideration for future PyCharm versions. However, I have no idea what kind of IDE support would be possible or needed for the bottle microframework.

4. jon says:

March 16, 2011

How do I upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2?

It looks like i have to actually reinstall the new version of pycharm? It’s no big deal, I just expected it to work through help -> check for updates.

5. yole says:

March 17, 2011

jon,
    For the time being, PyCharm does not support patch-based upgrades. You need to perform a full installation of the new version.

6. jon says:

March 17, 2011

I just unistalled 1.1 and installed 1.2. When it started up it still had my project and all my settings. Pretty painless.

7. Paul says:

March 17, 2011

@jon oh good. That should be noted in the download.

8. Jun says:

March 18, 2011

After I installed vim plugin, several hot keys are no longer working,
    like @F for search, shift arrow for selection, so I uninstalled the plugin, but after restart, the hot keys are still not working.

9. Jun says:

March 21, 2011

It seems the keymap is changed to “vim” after install plugin vim, but it is not restored to default after uninstall vim plugin. After I manually changed the keymap back to default, it is working again.

10. JetBrains PyCharm Blog » Blog Archive » PyCharm licenses: there’s one for everyone says:

March 22, 2011

[…] PyCharm 1.2 we’ve introduced a new license type: Academic license. And with 5 license types available at […]