PyCharm 2.7.2 released
At last, the final version of the new bugfix update of PyCharm, version 2.7.2, has been released. Since we’ve upgraded to a newer version of the IntelliJ Platform (the same one as in IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.1), the full release notes for this update are rather long.
Just to remind you, some of the highlights are:
- Bundled File Watchers plugin for automatic transpilation support of languages such as CoffeeScript/TypeScript, SASS/LESS and many others;
- Support for Emmet, a new version of Zen Coding, an advanced system for abbreviated typing in HTML and CSS code;
- Display of the current line separator for a file in the status bar and the possibility to change it for a single file or for multiple files in the project;
- Possibility to tell PyCharm not to add the source and/or content roots of a project to PYTHONPATH;
- Support for using the PyCharm console and “Run manage.py task” actions with remote interpreters.
The new build is available for download on our Web site, as well as for patch-based upgrade if you’re currently running version 2.7.1 or 2.7.2 RC2.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Build Django Apps on Google Cloud With PyCharm and Cloud Code
Learn how to build and run your applications both in a local Kubernetes cluster (Docker Desktop or Minikube) and remotely in Google Kubernetes Engine using Cloud Code and PyCharm.
Meet the PyCharm team at EuroPython!
Meet the PyCharm team at Europython 2023! Join a talk by Paul Everitt, Q&A for data science newbies by Jodie Burchell, experts from Anaconda, Hugging face and come by the JetBrains booth to see what's new in PyCharm!
Buy PyCharm. Support Django.
This July, we’re offering new users a 30% discount for PyCharm Professional annual subscriptions. We’ll also donate all of the proceeds from this campaign to the Django Software Foundation.