Announcing PyCharm 3.4.1

Dmitry Filippov

We’re eager to announce that we’ve just made available a fresh PyCharm 3.4.1 update for both the free Community Edition and the full-blown Professional Edition!

Thanks everyone for giving us a lot of helpful feedback and reporting problems to our public tracker. So as a recap, some notable highlights of this release include: a fix for unexpected hangs and freezes of the IDE, a Python debugger console fix, a fix for running a Django server on a remote host and fixes for Django and Jinja template tags.

For further details on the bug fixes and changes, please consult the Release Notes.

PyCharm 3.4.1 installation sources can be found on PyCharm Download page. You can also use the patch-based upgrade to upgrade from previous PyCharm versions without a full reinstallation.

As always, please report any problem you found in the issue tracker.

If you would like to discuss your experiences with PyCharm, we look forward to your feedback on our public PyCharm forum and twitter.

Develop with Pleasure!
-PyCharm team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

13 Responses to Announcing PyCharm 3.4.1

1. Omu cu Lopata says:

June 10, 2014

I couldn’t upgrade using a patch from EAP to either 3.4 or 3.4.1. I get a prompt to download the full installer. Is there no patch for EAP?

• traff says:

June 23, 2014

Normally there should be a patch for EAP, but this time there was none. Maybe the same happens with the next update, hope afterthat we’ll have patches for all updates both release and EAPs.

2. Robson Peixoto says:

June 11, 2014

Great =D

Are there plugin’s release date?

• Dmitry Filippov says:

June 11, 2014

There is no exact date for the IDEA python plugin update. Hopefully we’ll release a new version soon.

3. wsky.org says:

June 12, 2014

index cpu 100%

4. Martin says:

June 12, 2014

After upgrading to 3.4.1 I was informed that my license run out. I can’t go back to 3.4.0 (there is no file to download) nor I can revert the patch. What else can I try?

5. Den says:

June 12, 2014

I’m just beginning to work with PyCharm.
    Are you going to implement better/easier support for PEP8/PyLint out of the box?
    I found only thirdparty blogposts since 2010/2012 years, with instructions on how to implement support for this vital utils.

6. Sniktov says:

July 28, 2014

When will pygame become a framework for professional and Community in pycharm 3?

7. Nate says:

August 6, 2014

I recently switched to PyCharm, and 3.4 is great. There is one very annoying bug (PY-2980, status:fixed), which causes there always to be unresolved references in my project.

When can we expect a 3.4.2 to land with this fix?