Feature Spotlight: Multiple Selections in PyCharm
Today I’d like to highlight one of the most top voted features that appeared in PyCharm 3.4 some time ago – Multiple Selections. Since then a lot of people have been using it and enjoying the increased productivity while editing.
With this feature you can:
- Set multiple cursors in the editor area: Alt + Mouse Click (Option + Mouse Click for Mac OS X). Note that on some systems you also have to use Shift with the shortcuts mentioned.
- Select/unselect the next occurrence: Alt + J / Shift + Alt + J (Ctrl + G / Shift + Ctrl +G for Mac OS X)
- Select all occurrences: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + J (Ctrl + Cmd + G for Mac OS X)
- Clone caret above/below (the shortcuts are not mapped yet)
- Remove all selections: Esc
You can redefine these shortcuts in Settings -> Keymap -> Editor Actions if necessary.
Hope you’ll enjoy this handy feature!