Feature Spotlight: Multiple Selections in PyCharm
Today I’d like to highlight one of the most top voted features that appeared in PyCharm 3.4 some time ago – Multiple Selections. Since then a lot of people have been using it and enjoying the increased productivity while editing.
With this feature you can:
- Set multiple cursors in the editor area: Alt + Mouse Click (Option + Mouse Click for Mac OS X). Note that on some systems you also have to use Shift with the shortcuts mentioned.
- Select/unselect the next occurrence: Alt + J / Shift + Alt + J (Ctrl + G / Shift + Ctrl +G for Mac OS X)
- Select all occurrences: Shift + Ctrl + Alt + J (Ctrl + Cmd + G for Mac OS X)
- Clone caret above/below (the shortcuts are not mapped yet)
- Remove all selections: Esc
You can redefine these shortcuts in Settings -> Keymap -> Editor Actions if necessary.
Hope you’ll enjoy this handy feature!
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Five Things To Love About the New UI
Are you using the New UI yet? Not yet? Let me tell you why it's the best thing since sliced bread! Let’s get it enabled and take a look around. The easiest way to do that is from the Settings cog at the top-right of the UI: PyCharm will need to restart, but that’s it; you’re done! In t…
Tutorial: Visual testing with pytest
If you are like many Python developers out there you LOVE writing code! Tests? Not so much. Whether it’s the concept of testing or the interface of testing tools, testing is a chasm not all developers cross. The Visual Testing with pytest tutorial aims to bring Python testing to the masses, tak…
Smart execution of R code
R plugin is announcing some helpful features to track execution of your R code: 1. Execute your R file as a runnable process, job. Jobs are shown in a separate tab in the R console. You can preview the job status (succeeded or failed), the duration of the execution, and the time you launched the …
New Database Features in PyCharm 2020.1
PyCharm 2020.1 comes with new Database export features that make exporting data easier. You can now see previews of the data that you want to export, letting you have a quick glance of what the data will look like. Furthermore, as many of our users prefer to export to Excel files, we've also adde…