PyCharm 5 Beta is available
Today we announce the release of PyCharm 5 Beta, a feature-complete preview version of PyCharm 5.
Download PyCharm 5 Beta build 143.414 from the Early Access Preview page or as a patch-based update within the IDE (make sure to select the Beta releases or EAP channel in the update settings). After you take it for a spin, please give us your feedback.
Compared to the previous EAP build, this one includes a consolidation of fixes for various bugs and issues, as well as improvements for recently added features. You’re welcome to refer to the detailed release notes for more information.
Here’s a recap of what’s new in the upcoming PyCharm 5:
- Full Python 3.5 support
- Docker integration
- Thread Concurrency Visualization
- Better code insight for Django ORM methods
- Google and NumPy Style Python docstrings
- Conda integration
- App Config Tool for Google App Engine projects
- Brand-new indication for running configurations
- Find in Path with instant preview
- New UI for testing and tests history
- True HiDPI Support and adjustments for color deficiency
- Updated database tools
- Editing code in diff viewer
- Branch operations from VCS Log Viewer and new “Rebase” action for git
Web development improvements:
- Improved ReactJS support
- Support for AngularJS 2.0
- TypeScript 1.6 support
- Better support for Meteor
- New inspections for Node.js
- Dart support enhancements
For more details about the upcoming features please see these announcements.
Stay tuned for a PyCharm 5 release announcement, follow us on twitter, and develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PyCharm Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 7: Support for Flask and FastAPI bigger applications in the Endpoints tool window
Notable updates include support for Flask and FastAPI bigger applications in the Endpoints tool window, improvements to the Version Control integrations and support for WireMock.
PyCharm 2023.3.4: AI Assistant’s Efficiency Boosters and a more powerful Django Structure tool window
This year, we are trying out a new approach with our releases, moving away from a quarterly schedule to more regular monthly feature-rich releases. This change is intended to deliver new features more rapidly and streamline the feedback process. Upgrade to PyCharm 2023.3.4 New AI Assistant…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…