PyCharm 5 Beta is available
Today we announce the release of PyCharm 5 Beta, a feature-complete preview version of PyCharm 5.
Download PyCharm 5 Beta build 143.414 from the Early Access Preview page or as a patch-based update within the IDE (make sure to select the Beta releases or EAP channel in the update settings). After you take it for a spin, please give us your feedback.
Compared to the previous EAP build, this one includes a consolidation of fixes for various bugs and issues, as well as improvements for recently added features. You’re welcome to refer to the detailed release notes for more information.
Here’s a recap of what’s new in the upcoming PyCharm 5:
- Full Python 3.5 support
- Docker integration
- Thread Concurrency Visualization
- Better code insight for Django ORM methods
- Google and NumPy Style Python docstrings
- Conda integration
- App Config Tool for Google App Engine projects
- Brand-new indication for running configurations
- Find in Path with instant preview
- New UI for testing and tests history
- True HiDPI Support and adjustments for color deficiency
- Updated database tools
- Editing code in diff viewer
- Branch operations from VCS Log Viewer and new “Rebase” action for git
Web development improvements:
- Improved ReactJS support
- Support for AngularJS 2.0
- TypeScript 1.6 support
- Better support for Meteor
- New inspections for Node.js
- Dart support enhancements
For more details about the upcoming features please see these announcements.
Stay tuned for a PyCharm 5 release announcement, follow us on twitter, and develop with pleasure!
JetBrains PyCharm Team